• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

think my opp aint worked!!!!!

sammyc

im 5 weeks post opp and this week ive found that im eatting alot again im not feeling full anymore im not eatting the size of dinners i used too buts its more than it was 2 weeks ago im just worrie my new belly is not small enough

sammyc said:
im 5 weeks post opp and this week ive found that im eatting alot again im not feeling full anymore im not eatting the size of dinners i used too buts its more than it was 2 weeks ago im just worrie my new belly is not small enough

Are you on solid food now? Or still mushy?

Aah ok. I am pre op, so not much help. But are you eating protein first? And are you eating more dense food or is it wet food? Like slider foods x

ok thats a good idea how many cups should we be having each meal think im having about a cup and half each meal is that too much x

Hi

I am 3 weeks post op and still on puréed foods, I have been told not to go onto solid foods untill eight weeks.

You sould also not eat untill overfull but dish up a measured amount and eat that and no more. At this stage you should be dishing up and eating no more than a ramakin sized dish, and after a year no more than a tea plate. Don't ever dish up more than a tea plate or else you will be tempted to force more in and end up stretching you pouch.

Portion control is what ts all about, WLS is only a tool to help, you can work against it if you wish, but why go through all that if you don't want to stick to it. It's very easy to ruin all that has been done, DON'T do it.

Hope this has been of help.

Paul

Very wise words Paul - I am also worried I am still going to be a greedy ***** when back on solids - however I am not going to know as I will not give myself the opportunity to see if I can "each that much" ! As you say I am going to stick to the potion sizes recommended.

i am not eatting so much that i feel full as soon as i fell ive eaten enough i stop im not pushing it too much im just worried coz i can eat more this week than i did 2 weeks ago i would never do anything to **** up my new pouch as its taken me 5 years to get the opp down i havent had any crisps cakes choc and thing at all with sugar and nothing with fat in ive done everything ive been told to do i just wanted to know if its the nom to eat a little more each week thats all

All hospitals are different I spent 4 weeks on liquids, 4 on mush and wasn't allowed to go onto solids until 8 weeks! Have been told my portion should fit into the palm of my hand at this stage and I'm 13 weeks post op

im not eatting nomal again im still having soft stuff really i sell have to mash things a bit before i can eat them but im eatting things like spag bol and shepherds pie fish pie stews and salad which i called and asked my team if i could eat and they said yeah it was fine i have 1 weetix for breakfast 2 crackerbreads with philli light for lunch a muller light about 3ish then my dinner about 6 i might have a few slices of ham as a snack

hun can you say what and how much roughly you are eating in a day and i will see if its as near as me... the reason i say that is im 16 weeks post op and i can eat quiet a bit.... im still losing and my dietician says all is good. what you have to remember is we are all different..some people can only eat a few mouthfulls..whereas i can eat a whole tea plate full.
As long as you are btween 800 and 1200 cals a day, your having over 60g of protein a day... and you are not putting on weight the all sounds ok to me xx

im not eatting nomal again im still having soft stuff really i sell have to mash things a bit before i can eat them but im eatting things like spag bol and shepherds pie fish pie stews and salad which i called and asked my team if i could eat and they said yeah it was fine i have 1 weetix for breakfast 2 crackerbreads with philli light for lunch a muller light about 3ish then my dinner about 6 i might have a few slices of ham as a snack

I would say that sounds pretty good to me. You're certainly not going over the top. My dietician says that what you eat should fit comfortably into a muller light pot. Make sure you're eating plenty of protein and if you're not top up with a glass of milk, milky coffee or a protein shake.

Kate x

oh god before my opp i wouldnt eat till about 2pm then id have something like 2 toasted cheese and ham sandwichs then dinner time id have all sorts of things but it would be enough to feed to poeple then id have something about ten or 11pm and about 2 litters of full fat coke everyday i have lost just over 4 stone in 7 weeks 5 weeks since opp and 2 weeks slimfast diet pre opp today ive had 1 toasted slice of brown bread with low low cheese spread and then i was out all day and had a small bowl of spag bol made it quarn and i only ate half of it ive lost 4lb since thursday so i must be doing something right lol

Well it sounds like you are all doing well yes we are all different but use the guide lines the hospital gave you i agre with the ramakin and the muller light pot and the tea plate you kow then that its about right. I am 7 months post op and only on a couple of times have i felt i ate 2 much if you think its too much then it probably is. Stick with what you know n you'l be fine x

sammyc said:

Sorry I just read that you were on solids, I did eat everything you've mentioned except salad as my team said not until 8 weeks when I was about 6 weeks so your probably fine hun! Every one is different I could only manage a few spoons of anything but I know others that could eat more. If your team say it's all fine then I wouldn't worry yourself. X x

Back