• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New to site - Spatz Ballom, maybe Nucleus?

ginzeh

Hi, im new to this site although have been reading past few days and finally registered properly!

been trying to find post on the spatz balloon, ony 5 threads came up and only been posted in before november 11 it seems.

I am looking into having spatz balloon as im too scared of an op with the band!

also i only want me and my dad to know (hes offered to pay to help me out of this depression!)

so my mum and boyf dont have to know really, as my boyf would see it as a cheating way as hes a gym aholic and fit etc, whereas im 5ft and 14st 11lbs!

i cant stick to diets properly, have to always eat til im stuffed and find myself picking after a while!

need a kick, motivation and a little help! i was 17st beginning of the year - injection made me put on 3 st in a year, and had lost a lot after my little girl, ive always been around 15st for years, after my daughter i was a happy 13t, until the takeaways always happened as i was lazy being a new mum!

so anyway, ive looked into nucleus in wales, quite a long way from me as im in sussex! but cant find any other sites that offer it?

its gone up to £5500, but a lady quoted me £4900 before i spoke to another person and they agreed to do it bk to 4900 for me (apparently only past week the price has gone up!)

i think my dads looking into a bit of sum up front and the rest on finance (im hoping he'll get cred as his bank acc gone done over and money stolen wasnt aware and all dds got bounced etc and may have affected credit - also bought a villa in florida in may with a mortgage, am worried that'll affect too!)

anyone know of any other loan companies for surgery? he may use savingd/creditcards if it gets declined!!

im scared mstly of the finance lol.

what ws the op like? im scacred of gagging, brushing my teeth makes me gag badly sometimes!!

anyway its late, im tired and my mind has gone blank into what i wanted to ask, but i would love some replies?

thanks

gina x

Hi Gina and welcome :wavey:

I dont know much about the balloon except its temporary :confused:

What support does your provider offer pre and post removal?

Good luck on your journey xx

hi Gina

I have recently had a balloon put in on nhs so don't know anything about funding but for me this is required to get a bypass next year.

This is temporary and can only be in for 6 months to aid your weightloss and it is an aid not a miracle cure. Small portions lots of water and high protein

procedure to have it placed was fine and have lost about 14 lbs in 4 weeks so not too bad

if you want any information I will help all I can

ginzeh said:
No replies then =( not had any replies on my posts in anyThreads =(

I just had a look to see which threads you posted in and try not too worry they are all very old threads and the posters probably not still around or now onto a different op which is why you had no replies :) their are a few people who have just got a ballon or in the process of getting one and hopefully you will have a weight loss buddy who goes through it with you :) x

Hi thanks for replies! I am paying half upfront £2500 (well my dad is) and I'm financing £2400.

Since I posted I was accepted!!!
Yay! Excited!!

No one will know except me and my dad it's hard not telling anyone! I'm having a phone consultation and dietician as I live quote a away from the hospital in Wales! I'm lucky they'll do that for me! There next appointment is around September! .

I'm having the year Spatz balloon, not too much oninternet about it or reviews as its considered a new thing?

Xxx

Back