• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm and bypassed

Thanks uglyduck and phatgirl....you both need to change your names!!!! I am off to bed just started to nod off on the sofa when the phone went so going to turn it off and try and get a good nights sleep will speak to you tomorrow....night night...xx

Hi

Hope today is a brillant day for you off to conference for 3 days may not be around depends on cost of internet so will check in on your progress on my return

M

Ah thanks for that....just had a call from my GP have to say I dont have much faith in him, I had requested something for the nausea yesterday and he has just said he cant prescribe anything as it might have contra indications to the "banding" I have had!!!!....lucky for me I feel ok today, I have told them and told them its a bypass and of course you can take other meds they give them to you in hospital. It's a bit worrying though as yesterday he told me to carry on taking my BP meds a normal. I have stopped taking the duretic one as I dont want to lose any fluid intake. I think I will have to watch him...lol...enjoy your conference....xx

Linda,

I think we know more about what's happened to us than the doctors do sometimes. Makes me cross tho that they don't bother taking the time to give a more personalised service.

I'm sorry you're still not feeling 100%. Have you tried to contact the surgeon and ask him what he thinks?

Wobbles I am feeling fine, the headache I have is caused by the sleep apnea not the surgery, this will improve with weight loss. Other than that I am up and about and doing bits around the house. My previous post was voicing concern that my GP does not really know what he is dealing with regards to the type of surgery I have had...xx

Today is a much better day I had a lovely nights sleep without any horrible dreams, woke early and have had a lovely bath and washed my hair. I discovered the mystery of the breathlessness it was the water tablet that I had stopped taking for my BP, so thanks to the bariatric nurse I can now breath much more easily and no headache today so feeling a lot more positive. My friend came around last night and we had a good natter so that helped a lot. I am now aiming to getting ready to return to work as I have been off for a long time prior to the op my target is a week on saturday as I work shifts. Last night I really fancied an egg so I did what my mum used to do when I was ill as a child and had a softly boiled one mashed to a pulp in a cup it was lovely and really nice to have a different taste in my mouth. Going to go to get weighed later on if my son decides he is in a helpful mood it will be my first trip out. Hope everyone is well and sorry if I am not upto date on every post I can only type so much and I want to give up not like me at all lol...xx

Good to have you back!

Glad you are feeling better and had a good nights sleep. Dont go back to work too soon though hun! Took me 4 weeks, then I still didnt feel ready. Of course thats me, just take it easy when you do return. Have a lovely day!

Kel xxxx

Glad you are ok. good luck with your first weigh in let us know how you get on xx

Linda it's still early days so don't be alarmed if your weight has stayed the same. Mine went up immediately post op and didn't go down for a week or two. All that swelling and water retention post op can really affect the scales :)

HI Charliegirl - I really hope you are feeling well and positive - there is a chance I can have the bypass next Friday so when you have the energy and the desire to talk, I would love to speak to you. Take care of yourself xx

Hi Linda

Just wanted to say good luck on your first weigh in,and dont be too hard on yourself if you havent lost as much as you hoped.

Take Care

Di xxxxxx

Hi Di

I lost 9lb considering I feel bloated and did not do the pre op I am really pleased...mind you its too be expected when you think what I ate before and what I am eating now lol....how are you hun...xx

Great news Linda, well done :)

:party0019:9lb hun that is fab!!! thats even with the swelling and that from the op you must be really pleased xx

Well done Linda and glad to see you are feeling a bit better

Irene xx

Thanks everyone, I still could not fasten the top button on my pants but I can see the difference in my face...which reminds me I have had no before photos taken :(....will try and get my friend to take some on wednesday when she comes to visit...xx

Back