• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Back home and in need of a bit of TLC!!!

i was feeling quite similar, the pain was terrible i could not bend!! it will ease off i struggled to have a cup of tea but by day 5 i was onto soup so it does get better, stay positive and get a good rest hope your are better soon

Hiya everyone!
My Mum is typing this for me as I still feel rubbish but I just wanted to reply. Thank you so much for all your replies we followed your advice and phoned the 24 hour help line last night. The doctor from there phoned back and reassured us that everything was ok and that it is early days etc. He also said that as I have other medical conditions, it may take me a bit longer to recover but that I WILL get there. I'm still feeling much the same today but trying to stay positive , it is hard to remember the long term benefits and that this is all for a good reason!!
Hi Rachel - welcome to the boards - glad you found us! You are right about our surgeon - he seemed very genuine and caring - he asked me to email him a photo of me 2 months down the line as I'll be having my follow up in Birmingham and he won't get to see the results. That shows he is really interested in us as individuals. How are you getting on?
Thank you again everyone - I really do appreciate your support it totally rocks - I feel a bit better for reading that others have been rough in the early days but that it does get better.
Chat soon,

Xxx Lizzie xxX

Hiya everyone!
My Mum is typing this for me as I still feel rubbish but I just wanted to reply. Thank you so much for all your replies we followed your advice and phoned the 24 hour help line last night. The doctor from there phoned back and reassured us that everything was ok and that it is early days etc. He also said that as I have other medical conditions, it may take me a bit longer to recover but that I WILL get there. I'm still feeling much the same today but trying to stay positive , it is hard to remember the long term benefits and that this is all for a good reason!!
Hi Rachel - welcome to the boards - glad you found us! You are right about our surgeon - he seemed very genuine and caring - he asked me to email him a photo of me 2 months down the line as I'll be having my follow up in Birmingham and he won't get to see the results. That shows he is really interested in us as individuals. How are you getting on?
Thank you again everyone - I really do appreciate your support it totally rocks - I feel a bit better for reading that others have been rough in the early days but that it does get better.
Chat soon,

Xxx Lizzie xxX

Hi Lizzie:)

I was just reading through the rough time you've had since coming home and am very glad to see that you just posted here (with Mum's help:)) and that things are the same and no worse.

Take good care of yourself and let people do as much for you as they want. It will speed up your recovery for certain.

Best wishes,

Lacey..xx :)

Back