• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Im back in the game

jonnywin

Hi guys well
As most of you know had my bypass on Wednesday morning got to uch very early and luckily I was first to go down very lucky no waiting ,
next thing I new was waking in recovery about 1pm , I was then taken to hdu where I was plugged into every machine known to man for a day and a half which was so frustrating because I actually felt perfectly well apart from the pain where they went into do the surgery , but that's the bear min i was expecting
the attention I got in hdu was amazing but there's no TVs or anything in that department so was soooo bored as I was feeling perfectly well and it's not an ideal department for the conscious lol
Any way about 7pm last night they moved me to a ward which I though great I can catch a bit of tv should help with the boredom but of course they put me in a bed with a broken tv so that was really great lol but to be honest boredom has been my biggest problem while being here so for that I'm eternally grateful .
Most of the pain today has subsided and I've had no issues with leaking of my wounds , seems my surgeon has done an amazing job but I'm not sure he entirely exists 2 days after my surgery ive still never met him I've met some of his team but never the man him self is Is just me or is that odd ?

Glad the operation went really well hun. x

Hi Jonny,

Great news. I was at UCH on Wednesday and was thinking of you. I know what you mean about the seeing the surgeon - I have only briefly met the surgeon I will have next Tuesday as appointments I have had with him have been cancelled by the hospital or other surgeons have taken his appointments due to other demands on his time.

I am so pleased to hear that you are feeling so good and I wish you a Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2012. I am sure you are making plans for all those things that you have wanted to do but have been held back by the weight. Enjoy!!!

Kind regards,

Thanks very much cost your supports greatly appreciated hope your op goes as smoothly as mine has so far I'll
Be thinking about you on Tuesday look forward to seeing how u get on xx

Glad to hear all done & dusted , time to start the new phase of the journey , how exciting

Well done and congratulations being a loser. Glad you didn't have any pain, and why did you have to go to HDU? I went straight onto the ward, No TV's at all!! I was wide awake too. I met my surgeon just before I went to theatre, he went through the operation with me, told me everything that could go wrong, went through the after care then I signed the consent form. When I was back on the ward he came and saw me within a couple of hours. How odd that each hospital is so different.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.

I went to hdu because they were concerned about sleep apnea which they didn't test me for so When it came to my pre op they decided that I could have an option be tested for sleep apnia which would have put. Further 3 month delay on my op or just have the op then go to hdu to be monitored so I opted for that

Oh by the way for anyone intrested in my liver shrinking diet I did for 2 weeks consisting of 4 weight watcher soups 4 low fat yogurts and a pint of milk each day I managed to lose a stone so was quite chuffed with that

glad you're all done and dusted mate :) xxx

Well done Jonny...glad things went well...

ive still never met him I've met some of his team but never the man him self is Is just me or is that odd ?

Must be the Invisible Man !! :8855:

Thanks for the heads-up about boredom and possible lack of TV ..... think I am going to take a pile of magazines in with me !!!

Back