• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm back!

Pookiedoodle

Totally in love with Mika
Hello everyone.

I've not been on here since before my op, and have been so sore after I've been unable to come on. But I'm slowly getting better and the pain is under control.

I had my bypass last Monday morning. All went reasonably well. a few problems, but nothing huge.

Was in hospital until last Friday - I was SO desperate to be up & about so I could come home.
The pain was horrendous, & I've never felt so tired in my life, but I wanted to be at home.

So, after a 5 hour drive I arrived home on Friday evening & since then I have mostly sat!!
I like to get up & do stuff but I get knackered so quickly it's not long before I'm sitting down again.

I'm really struggling to fit everything in that I need to drink, it seems like my husband is always bringing in something else for me to drink.

I'm not feeling as tired now, no daytime naps at all. I'm also sleeping better at night which is such a relief as I'm a terrible sleeper and I was really struggling. I can still only sleep on my back, it'll be so nice to get into my proper sleeping position again.

The pain is still there, it feels as though someone has kicked me in the ribs! My consultant did tell me that the pain on my left would take a while to ease - how long did it take for yours to go?

My scars are healing really well, the one where my drain was still hasn't closed completely but it's getting there.

The head hunger is sooooooo hard!!! Oh my god, I miss food so much, I'm finding it very hard. I made the mistake of watching Delia at Christmas the other night, oh my, I was almost in tears!!

BUT - I've lost a stone and a half, and am over the moon. So far no regrets. I'm getting stronger every day. As every day goes by, I will get more & more used to how things will be from now on. I'm incredibly happy, & have the most wonderful husband who has supported me throughout all of this, he has been absolutely amazing & I love him so much!!!!

So, has anyone else had their op while I've been away?

Emma glad to see you are getting better the head hunger will go, drink plenty of fluids and for further on this is what a very close friend told me and i intend to stick to it "Eat quality not quantity"

Emma,
Yay!! Great to see you on here!
Sorry about my phone earlier, I had obviously been gassing too long and the battery went!! Lol.
Lovely to speak to you and keep up the good work.
Leanne xx

So glad you have done so well! The pain can take 6-8 weeks to pass on the left according to my surgeon but I was lucky not to have any. And you are right. The head hunger is the worst.

Congratulations on your weight loss so far you are doing great. I can't help with the pain as I haven't had the op yet. Good luck with the head hunger it must be difficult but I am sure you can do it. Take care.

6-8 weeks??? Oh my, that's a long time!!! It's been so sore today, have spent all day on the sofa feeling very sorry for myself.

Don't worry about the phone Leanne, I did wonder what the beeping was. It came at a good time though, it was almost Gavin & Stacey time - omelette anyone??

xx

Ill pass on the beef thanks Emma ;)

Well done with your weightloss. I really hope your pains susbide soon.

I watched Delia too, oddly since the op I can watch them all without wanting the food. How odd is that?

Glad youve got a great supportive husband there, it makes it so much easier.

Im still struggling to intake ALL the fluids, we can do I best is all :)

Take care Xx

Welcome back Emma. Lovely to see a post from you, and it sounds like your hubby is doing a grand job of looking after you.

Like you, I really struggled with the pain in the early days, but Id say I started to feel much better after about a week.

As for the fluids, just do what you can and you will soon get there. Just keep sip sip sipping all day. Its a chore, but really does help with the weight loss. x

Emma - Welcome home duck - Nice to see you posting again.

The pain will go eventually...remember you have been pumped up with lotso gas! Pain is horrible, but it will go!

TC

Sal x

I had my op on 15th November and the pain had just started to ease the beginning of this week until I caught a chest infection, all the bloody coughing I've been doing has set me right back and im in agony again !!!!

keep well and stay away from anyone with the lurgies !!!!

Thanks so much for all of your lovely replies everyone

xx

good to hear you are home but sorry you are feeling a bit down. I am sure that will pass Nearly all the guys on hear have said how hard it is post op, and how hard it can be fitting all your needs into the day. Between tablets fluids and protein I sometimes think I will spend all day eating lol
I am sure you will settle soon and I am sure the pain will ease soon, alot of it is probably wind which is agonising at times, but hope you feel better soon, you are certainly being well looked after.
I am having my op tomorrow so will be with you soon

Jay xx

Hi just saying i'm hoping your feeling better soon and well done on the weight loss xx

Back