• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

i'm back

Oh, I'm sorry to hear what a rough time you are having! I hope you're feeling a bit better now. As soon as you get home, into your own environment again, things will pick up no end.
Take care of yourself.

Gill
x

It sounds like you have had a right rough time of it, you must feel quite deflated with the whole experience.

Hopefully it will all become a distant memory and you will be soon posting your successful journey once you are recovered.

Wishing you a speedy recovery and sending you a big cyber hug x

I'm feeling much better today. Had some pain in my port site so I was given an injection of anaesthesia straight into it. Wonder why it's taken them since thursday to realise that they could do that for me? But I've just walked up and down a flight of stairs with the physio. Apparantly my notes say I live upstairs. I don't lol. But she said I did well and they are looking at sending me home tomorrow. I'm a bit worried about things going wrong but I have neighbours available on the end of the phone and my own gp if I need him. And I look forward to being able to sleep without hearing all the beeps etc.

I had a muller lite yoghurt for breakfast and was rather surprised that I could eat it all in the space of ten minutes. OMG it was lovely though. But then I felt short of breathe and had to go for a lay down so I guess it was too much for me after all. But at least I didn't have toast and jam which is what I was offered at first!

For lunch I am having chicken casserole followed by pureed fruit and for tea it's cauliflower potato and another yoghurt. I can't wait to get home though as they seem to add tons of salt to everything and I want to start using my own home cooked meals.

My robinsons NAS juice has been a godsend.

Glad you're feeling better hun. It is so emotional and not looking forward to that part of the surgery at all!

Keep smiling xxx :D

Toast and jam ?!!! Good job you knew you couldnt have it then eh :)

Seem to make a worrying number of mistakes in that place. Glad you are out soon ! :)

Toast OMG are they mad, the sooner you are home again the better even home alone I bet you will get better aftercare, just don't overdo things when you finally escape home. Use those neighbours and take things slowly.

Aw hun, sorry you've not had a great time of it. Let's hope the bad times are behind you and things are going to get better.
x x x

I'm feeling much better today. Had some pain in my port site so I was given an injection of anaesthesia straight into it. Wonder why it's taken them since thursday to realise that they could do that for me? But I've just walked up and down a flight of stairs with the physio. Apparantly my notes say I live upstairs. I don't lol. But she said I did well and they are looking at sending me home tomorrow. I'm a bit worried about things going wrong but I have neighbours available on the end of the phone and my own gp if I need him. And I look forward to being able to sleep without hearing all the beeps etc.

I had a muller lite yoghurt for breakfast and was rather surprised that I could eat it all in the space of ten minutes. OMG it was lovely though. But then I felt short of breathe and had to go for a lay down so I guess it was too much for me after all. But at least I didn't have toast and jam which is what I was offered at first!

For lunch I am having chicken casserole followed by pureed fruit and for tea it's cauliflower potato and another yoghurt. I can't wait to get home though as they seem to add tons of salt to everything and I want to start using my own home cooked meals.

My robinsons NAS juice has been a godsend.

:wave_cry:Hi YG,
So glad to hear you're "done":)
Hope the rest of todays "meals" have gone down OK
Juliexxx

pretty good thanks kev. I've had some pain when I walk about but am determined to stay reasonably mobile. As I've read here so often it's the wind pain which is worst lol. I've struggled to finish most of what I eat. I'm not used to having 6 meals per day, however small and it's hard to fit in the water consumption with the requisite 30min break after eating. The weird thing is I still smell like hospital lol. Can't get rid of it. I think it's those breathing tubes they have up your nose. I've had bits of blood in my tissue whenever I blow it.

Back