• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

12 weeks post op

vonny

Had my 12 week check up today with the surgeon, he was very happy with the weight loss as am I. I'm 1lb off loosing 5 stone since the pre-op diet started at the end of March.
I've had some really bad kidney infections and am now on long term antibiotics to help keep the infections at bay. I have to have some kidney scans done soon, and i've been put on a low dose water tablet to help with some of the retention i've been having.
Because of my kidney i've been told not to go to the gym until is back to normal, which is a shame as i really want to get back to doing regular workouts, instead im going to be continuing with the walking and odd swim.
I've had a lot of support from friends and people at my sons school unfortunately i cant say the same about my family but i'm not going to let them make me feel bad for having the surgery i know they are jealous.

I asked the doc about portion sizes and fats/sugar per 100gs but he didn't give me the answers would be good to hear from others about this as its confusing me a bit.

Hope everyone is doing well on their journey's xxx

wow you've done so well hun. Keep up the good work and i hope everything with the kidneys sorts itself out for you x

Well done Vonny, that's a realy good wl. sorry to hear about your kidneys though.
Is it from surgery or just a coincidence?
Take care
x

thanks everyone the kidney problem is an old one im hoping the more weight i loose the better it will become. xxx

Well done vonny! I have my sleeve op on sat and if my wl is anywhere near yours I'll be delighted. Keep up the hard work and don't let the family drag you down, I'm expecting a little of that too as I'm from a chunky family. However, the same surgeon is operating on my mam 10 days after me :0)... Get your health back to 100% before worrying about the gym chick. Good luck and good health.
Katie xxx

Back