• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm fed up of..........

phatmomma

Protein, protein and more protein. I think i need a carb hit!

Just had a visit from wannabeslimagain and mentioned i was sick of blooming protein and she said do i think i need a carb hit! Oh god yes, i'm fed up of fish n veg, chicken n veg, protein n veg and even cauli cheese....

I just wanna have a sandwich... Is this so bad?

a little of what you fancy does you good nown again i recon! so long as you dont make it a regular thing - enjoy a nice ham salad sarnie then back to your protein, lol! xxxxxxx

you can have carbs in moderation can't you? how could a slice of bread be that bad? can you eat bread ok?
I haven't tried yet...but really only just properly onto mushy stage. I'd love some toast!

i have been having the odd jacket potato, but tried to make sure i had protein on it, like tuna with vlf mayo or 2 tablespoons of chili, i havent been told anything about what you can and cant have as yet (apart from to make sure you have some protein at every meal), just to introduce things gradually and trial and error.

Well i must be such a sinner lol !
I've just had an egg sandwich - it was lush !! (but i didn't eat bread till 14 weeks post op)

Bread in any way shape or form has never been a problem for me!

I'm just aware of the 2 x protein and 1 x carbs and because of the hidden carbs i've been avoiding them like the plague...

Well stuff it, i'm having a bowl of cornflakes :) xx

god dont tell me cornflakes have carbs in them!!! x

Probably lol x

I have been having nimble or ww bread in a sandwich for a couple of weeks now, sometimes I can only manage half of one, but sometimes can eat both xxxx

I have bread several times a week, either toast and peanut butter or a roll or sandwich for lunch, but I don't eat pasta or rice and potatoes only a couple of times a week, am I a naughty girl?

My dietician told me not to avoid carbs but just to make sure I had protein at each meal.
My diet sheet advocates 2 portions of carbs a day. x

I was told off by my dietician at my 3 month post-op app for not eating enough carbs. They are never happy are they? Go for it Julie, but just in moderation. xx

I was told 3 healthy carbs a day, one with each meal!

im so confussed .. i dont know what i can and cant eat..lol so i eat what i want, and that wont make me dump , i can eat bread and cereal but i find some protein makes me dump , i just think im a bit weired..lol

julie you sound like me can manage to eat anything with no dumping at all or any side affects sometimes it feels like i am back on a diet i really wish i would dump just to give me a bit of a fright but we will get there eventually.

Ummmm sandwich, I do have the odd sandwich but cant always eat the crust.:)

Well today i had cornflakes for breakfast, lunch was a jacket with cheese and tea was a spring roll....... Really bad day protein wise, am hoping to slip a shake in later, am definitely putting a shake in later. On the plus side me and himself walked to my moms and it only took about 20 minutes, a lot faster than before my op!

It's ok to have carbs, our bodies need a certain amount of carbs, its just important we have a balanced diet, Protein is Best for us, I have been told to really up my protein intake as my consultant said i have lost too much weight too quick and when that happens its not just the fat but the muscle we lose, hence feeling weak and crappy so protein is essential, but its ok to add the other items to our diet, but moderation, just dont let the carb monster get his reign back, its his fault we got to our biggest!!!!!

Back