• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Im gutted for me but happy for my friends

sukies

Hi all, ive just found out that the some of the women that i was in hospital with have all lost over 3 stone so far and 1 has even lost 4 stone in 3 weeks. ive stuck to the diet sheet from the doctor and only lost 1 stone 4. i know that everyone is different and i know that these people are eating less than me but it's just a little frustrating. does anyone eles feel that way about people they know?

ravelling

Grateful bypasser
4 stones in 3 weeks is unusual, even for a bypass!

I lost, roughly, a stone a month at first. Don't panic. It will come off. Try not to compare yourself with other people. It's hard not to, but we're all different.

:)

wizzbang

I lost loads of weight in the first two weeks. I had gastric bypass and gallbladder removed but this week, my third week,I have only lost two pounds.
Try not to worry about it. Weight is going to come off people in different amounts and ways. You may go on losing a lot of weight when those other people have stalled.
I think that it is better to lose the weight a little less rapidly because of skin and health issues and I was quite relieved when I didn't lose so much this week.
It will come off eventually, try not to worry and just enjoy knowing that your health is on an upwards spiral from now on and not downwards as in the past.
Lynne xx

Sambucca

I wonder if they are telling you the truth. 4 stones in 3 weeks would be impossible in my opinion. Perhaps they are including their pre op weight.

Lisa J

CRYSTAL PALACE FC!
I totally agree with Sam theres no way someone could lose that weight so quickly! xxx

Tracey ( eyore)

i am nearly 3 months out and since op i have lost 3 stone ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i have lost 6 in total as o lost 3 before op x stay strong your be fine xx

Cariadtoffee

One day at a time...xx
4 st in 3 weeks?! Are you sure they didn't hav a leg amputated at the same time??
You're doing great, hun. Your loss sounds much more reasonable and 'real'. Xx

msunique

4 stone in 3 weeks is too quick if it's actually true, I had a bypass 4 weeks ago and I was a stone down last week I haven't weighed myself this week or next as I am away but hoping for a nice surprise when I get back.
You are doing fine the weight is coming off at a normal rate and hope your skin will keep up with it too, don't worry about anyone else a stone a month is the norm to start with xx

Deets

im not loosing as fast as other sleevers - but it is coming off. I just keep reminding myself that this is the first time ever in at least 10 years, that im not gaining weight!!

Its hard to hear everyones doing better, but applaud yourself for loosing over a stone. When was the last time you lost a stone knowing you'd never gain it again hey!

keep doing what youre doing hun, it will come off

x

blueeyes

What the others have said is right.. it's impossible to lose that much weight in such a short time frame. At least not in a healthy way. Please do not compare yourself to others. I know straight after surgery we can't wait for the weight to start dropping and everything is going so well for you! There will be weeks where you don't lose, or even gain a pound, eventually, but you've got to look at the bigger picture. Overall you will lose weight and you will be much healthier/fitter! Chin up girl, you're doing great!! xx

christine77

what mr schroder told me was that because i had lost quite a bit of weight before the op my weight loss would be quite slow as my body was used to eatting smaller portions and i had no excess water. in 3 weeks i have lost 1 stone 3 and try not to compare myself to others as everyone is different i know thats easier said than done. were these ladies much bigger than you because i can only that kind of weight loss would be relevant to much heavier people.

keep your chin up you are doing fab xxx

Last edited:

Fuffs

Shrinking Big Brummie
I bet they are including pre op weight. Just close your ears, congratulate yourself on your great loss and keep marching on :)

MrsSAFC

The 550lb guy on biggest loser USA lost 34lbs in one week... Were these people the size of him or? That's lots to lose eh but aslong as it's coming off!!

Jane

1 stone 4lbs is a great loss since your op, and as others have pointed out, sounds more 'normal'. As already mentioned it could be that the others are including their pre-op loss as well.

It looks as though you had already lost weight before your op, so this will have an effect as well. I have lost 2 1/2 stone so far and just started by pre-op diet yesterday. I am hoping to lose 1 stone a month after the op, but if not then I know it will happen it just may take a bit longer.

We are all aiming for the same destination, some may get there via a motorway (fast weight loss), others may use the more scenic routes (slower weight loss), but the end of the journey will be reached eventually.

Stick with it you are doing really well, and I hope I can do as well just a short time after my op.

jo_ jo

Dont worry it will come off. Some weeks I find it falls off others nothing happens.But you have had a great loss so far. Keep it up there is light at the end of the tunnel

Jo
xx

Roch

Shrinking away nicely :)
I think they might be telling u some porky pies lol i think the only way that someone could ever lose that weight is if they were about 50 stone as its highly impossible, i know people who were 32 stone and still they only lost 2 stone in 4 weeks,i stalled for 10 days lol.
Just carry on what u doing as ur doing really well x

cherry

i reckon thats including the milk diet, pre op diet, and anything else in between......4 stone in 3 weeks in neigh impossible sweets, what you have said you ve lost sounds right and HEALTHY try not to compare xx

sukies

I lost loads of weight in the first two weeks. I had gastric bypass and gallbladder removed but this week, my third week,I have only lost two pounds.
Try not to worry about it. Weight is going to come off people in different amounts and ways. You may go on losing a lot of weight when those other people have stalled.
I think that it is better to lose the weight a little less rapidly because of skin and health issues and I was quite relieved when I didn't lose so much this week.
It will come off eventually, try not to worry and just enjoy knowing that your health is on an upwards spiral from now on and not downwards as in the past.
Lynne xx
Hiya lynne, just noticed that you had your op a day before mine, how are you going on it? had any problems? the pureed food for me is slipping down easy and i feel no restriction but im sticking to the diet from hospital. thanks for your input!