• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

im home from surgery

chezez

Hello ladies sorry i have not been on for a while they got me aa bed eventually and i had surgery on the 17th got home yesterday, OMG I feel terrible I ain't going to lie to you i was crying last night as i was in so much pain and all the thoughts of you stupid girl why have you done this to your self, i can only say I'm not feeling much better today and have to find a way of getting not just my daily tablets for my illness but a boatload that the hospital have give me all i have had is tea maybe 2 cups if that a cup of soap well 2 but could only manage half and water. please don't think I'm sounding ungrateful because i know in the long run i will appreciate everything just at this moment I'm not feeling too well the district nurse is coming to see me today she don't have to but said she would like to bless fantastic doctors Ive got , my husband keeps saying oh i cant stand you in pain like this was it worth it Ive said please don't say that to me as I'm feeling crap already i will post More as the day goes on i really cant sit upright for long xxxx:wave_cry:

Hi Chez, so pleased to hear from you and you have done so well to get home so quickly and hope you can rest rest and rest plus warmth and love.

I'm thinking of you Angel and hope the pain soon eases and you can then feel the benefit of everything you have gone through... sending a gentle hug and loads of love as always...

Keep in touch when you can precious xxx

So glad to hear from you! Glad you finally got a bed and had your op. Hopefully they will have sent you home with decent painkillers, if so use them as advised. Other than that, rest, do nothing, and sip sip sip water to keep hydrated. Everything else will happen in due course hun.
Hopefully you'll soon feel much better.
Well done, you've already done the hard bit! Be proud of yourself :) xx

So pleased you finally got the surgery! Dont feel bad about posting how you feel, I felt like Id been hit by a bus for days after my surgery! I wondered if Id done the right thing but guess what? .......in a few days you will feel so much better and once you get your head round to the new way of eating you will be so pleased you had the surgery....Take it easy, its a big op and it will take you time to recover :D Good Luck hun XX

hope you feel better soon

Hi Chic!!

I had my op on the 20th (gastric band) im feeling ok (ish)but i have strong pain killers. The worse thing for me is the boredom!!

i my darling. I'm so glad you had your op and are now home. The first few days are tough. Have you go strong painkillers, if not, ask your GP for some. I found Tramadol the most effective and they also helped me to sleep. You need lots of rest now, sleep if you can as your body will recover better then.
If you can't tolerate drinks much, try NS ice pops, the were a life saver for me as they're so refreshing. Find them unfrozen in the jellys aisle probably!
Keep sipping away at drinks, have a glass/cup (I used a toddler 'sippy' cup) of NAS squash with you all the time.
It will get a bit better every day pet. My hubby made the same comments to me.
But I'm now 19 weeks out an have lost 4 stones, and I proise you IT IS worth it!
Just think about that new wardrobe you're going to be needing soon!
Lots of love
Grace xxx

Hiya Chez - Sorry to hear your feeling so rough!

Afraid its a case of letting your body heal in its own time, its been through major surgery, and will take time to recover.

If you have been given painkillers use them. If they are not strong enough ask for something stronger. They should`nt refuse you if you are in a lot of pain!

Very hard on you having your surgery so near to Christmas; as you will probably feel like crap for another week or so. Hopefully the pain will ease up a lot sooner. But don`t suffer in silence!

Just think this time next year - you will have lost shedloads of weight and will be able to slip into something slinky and sexy for Christmas 2011.

Wishing you all the best and really hope you recover soon, and can enjoy your Christmas and look forward to 2011 and put all this behind you. x

Take care hun x

Love Kat x

Wish my doctor had given me tramadol, all I had was paracetamol. I found the only thing that helped was the muscle relaxants.

Don't feel bad about thinking what have you done. I felt like that afterwards, and still do sometimes. I had my op four weeks ago tomorrow and afterwards was in a lot of pain. The pain is mostly all gone now, just a twinge now and then, and has been gone for about 10 days. I can even reach the floor to pick something up now.

I think my problem is it is Christmas and feel guilty about not being able to do so much for my kids, but it will be new year soon, and I am getting better every day.

And so will you.

Oh and have lost about a stone and a half since my op.

Jacki.

Hiya, well done on having the op, and like everyone says, it will be so worth it, next Christmas you will feel on top of the world. Take care of yourself, and rest as much as you can xxx

Glad your op went ahead.

It is a big op - so lots of rest and lots of fluids - sips sip sip - through a straw is best apparently in the early stages. Hot cold whatever.

It will be worth it - honest

xxxx

Hey chezez keep your head up! I had my surgery the 15th and you will be glad to know that it gets much easier each day! I am feeling great! Haven't had pain meds in 3 days except at bedtime. I hope that gives you something to look forward to...
Shallon

So glad to hear you are home and back with us....

I am wondering what pain you are having? I had discomfort but pain wouldn't be what i would call it (from the incision) but the wind now that was bloody painful! Can i suggest that although the others are right saying sip sip sip you also need to be trying to have a gentle potter around the house. No housework but just moving around to shift the wind!

Take the time to rest and listen to your body. If you think the wind needs a bit of help to shift ask someone to get you some windeze or deflatine from Boots or similar (Deflatine worked for me quite well) xxx

Hi Chezez so glad you got your surgery but I am sorry you are in pain. As others have said it is just a case of letting your body heal and that will take time, make sure you keep taking the painkillers, get plenty of rest and just keep on sipping. Wishing you better days soon. Bug hugs x

Aww thanks to you all, the pain is wind stroke where they took the drain out got district nurse coming tomorrow to change that dressing as it rather hard and a bit uncomfortable, but my legs ar aching so bad they put wrong compression socks on me too tight and took a passing nurse to notice they wasn't right after they had been on 48 hours bless that nurse she was lovely.I am looking forward to not been in so much distress I'm not a very good patient as my mum says never have since i was born loads of cuddles a few tears and sleep and then she says i usually feel better done that lol. had a bit free yogurt well 2 teaspoons and i felt a little better a little substance in me oh and the ice pop thing hubby going to get me some its on our shopping list for him to do tomorrow oh i cant believe i got out of Xmas food shopping aww what a shame lol.xxxxx

Hello hun, glad you got your op in the end and I am sending you very bigs hugs, cause I think that is what you need at the mo.

Back