• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

13lb to go... And then how do I maintain?

I must confess

Ok, so I got those pesky scales off the top of the kitchen cupboard and weighed myself this morning as per my normal Saturday weigh in :sigh: I have been keeping track of what food I eat, but not physically weighed/counted the calories/protein etc and I have stayed the same weight this week....so all is good. I never said I was perfect, just gonna have to take baby steps to stop weighing/tracking maybe :rolleyes: I think I am a control freak :eek:

Hi

With me I did not need to do anything as the amount of food I was eating post surgery was the correct amount to maintain so my weightloss just stopped when I got to target as has remained there ever since.

Paul

That's very interesting Paul.

So post surgery (and now) you ate/eat circa 800 calories a day and you lost weight at the beginning but when you reached target it stopped losing.

Do you think this is due to the difference of the malabsorption wothon the first year (or so) and then the malopsorbtion slowing down?

I'm very surprised at 800 cals a day you aren't still losing though.

I have been keeping track of what food I eat, but not physically weighed/counted the calories/protein etc and I have stayed the same weight this week....so all is good. I never said I was perfect, just gonna have to take baby steps to stop weighing/tracking maybe :rolleyes: I think I am a control freak :eek:

Well, firstly well done on staying the same this week (I know you don't want to lose).

Re the need to weigh yourself. Why not? There are worse thing to be a control freak over. I suppose it all depends on after the weighing your mood is altered or not.

As has been said, staying the same (maintaining) can be so much harder than losing as you don't have the 'high' from meeting mini goals on the way. And I suppose whilst we are in the losing frame of mind, many of us frown upon ourselves when we have a 'stayed the same' week.

And anyway, isn't your issue is that you still are losing? So shouldn't you weigh each week so you know if you need to eat more next week or not?

Tbh I agree muttley, maintaining or gaining a wee bit is the goal at the moment, so I definitely don't want to lose more, but as you said its not as easy when you don't have the exhilaration of the losses. Personally, i don't get up or own by popping on the scales ... All it does is keep me focussed. I totally understand there will be fluctuations during the month and that's fine by me :)

How are you getting on dropping those final four pounds?

Back