• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm home!

kateyloo

Hello All - well I came home this morning after having my bypass on Sunday - I must say it was all a pleasant experience and yes I am feeling very tender (so won't make this a long post) - but am also extremely amazed as to how fast your body recovers. The surgeon and hospital were all fantastic and here's to my new life! :) xx

Welcome home Kateyloo, make sure you get plenty of rest and by the way.
"Welcome to the losers bench.".xxx

Hi
I am so glad that everything went well for you. I am now 2 weeks postop and am healing really well. Wounds are great - it doesnt take ur body long to recover (on the outside anyway). make sure u get plenty of rest.

x

:553:Hi Katieloo,

I missed this message announcing you've arrived home earlier!!!! sooooooo pleased to hear it went well and that Mr El Hasani et Al have looked after you very well.....:bliss::bliss::bliss:
I am now on my 4 week countdown to my op with Mr El-H and can't wait.....prepping myself up to start my 2 week pre-op diet a week on Saturday.
I'm so lookng forward to hearing more from you, how you are feeling and more importantly that you are having a super speedy recovery and some great w/loss......
A big well done to you xx :happy096:

Last edited:
kateyloo

hi im new was reading your post and wanted to say im wishing you a very speedy recovery xxxxx

:553:Hi Katieloo,

I missed this message announcing you've arrived home earlier!!!! sooooooo pleased to hear it went well and that Mr El Hasani et Al have looked after you very well.....:bliss::bliss::bliss:
I am now on my 4 week countdown to my op with Mr El-H and can't wait.....prepping myself up to start my 2 week pre-op diet a week on Saturday.
I'm so lookng forward to hearing more from you, how you are feeling and more importantly that you are having a super speedy recovery and some great w/loss......
A big well done to you xx :happy096:

Hi Beccles - Good luck with the pre-op and in turn your op - you certainly will be in great hands at the hospital - Mr El-Hasani is a fantastic surgeon (my incision marks are tiny!) although he really likes you to follow 'his rules' but when you hear of his other successes you won't worry about the rules at all!

The staff at the hospital are all so friendly too - they all get on so well together so it makes a really happy environment to recover in - Aichen was my day nurse and she was so lovely, a little bossy at times but her personality mirrored mine and they are only doing it to help you at the end of the day ..... just remember to do your breathing exercises (you will learn more about this at your pre-op assessment) - I got worried at one point because I thought I was getting a chest infection - the last thing you want is to be coughing when you have internal stitches! But after doing my breathing it soon cleared it up - oh and they like to get you up as soon as possible so be prepared to wear some carpet down :)

Good luck once again and I look forward to seeing you at one of the meetings xxxx

Glad everything went well, welcome to the loser's bench. Get plenty of rest and keep your fluid intake up.

Rebirthx

Back