• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Im in bandster limbo!

scnewbie

Hi. I'm exactly 2 weeks post op! And feeling good incision and port pains are subsiding and dizziness is gone. My problem is I'm actually able to eat most things again!!! Just need to chew and chew alot. I can't get my first fill until 20th sep. I really really need restriction!! I'm feeling like I'm failing again as I can eat again the guilt I've felt about food is starting to come back. Anyone had this happen??

yes, it's totally common and its how it can be for much beyond the first fill! I'm a year post op and can still eat what I want or in what quantity I want and my band has not taken away the hunger as I have very minimal restriction despite having 10.25ml in a 14ml band,

Just because I can eat it, doesn't mean I should or that I do and this is where a huge amount of willpower comes in, eat band friendly food, drier, crunchier because that can help, but also be prepared for the fact it could take a long while to get restriction!

I'm three weeks post op, and since I moved onto mushies I've suspected I'd be able to eat far more than I have. As Kat rightly said, just because I can doesn't mean I should.
I have my first fill on 11th, but even if I have zero restriction afterwards I hope I'll still eat within the guidelines I've been given. Having the surgery has been a big deal for me, so whatever it takes to make it work I'll give it my best shot (even if that means relying on nothing more than willpower for a while!).

Good luck x

Why do you feel guilty about food scnewbie?

Two weeks post op I had just finished the liquid stage, when you say can eat most things - aren't you on the mushy stage?

You can't rely on the band on its own to do the work I'm afraid, even with a fill (or two or more) you 'can' still eat the wrong things. Follow your post op eating advice and try and address the feeling guilty issue, we all need food but the right stuff in smaller quantities ;)

im sure some providers don't specify anymore how long the band can take to get the full benefit from it can take a few fills to get anywhere near good restriction its def the long game , so don't feel bad just be aware of your food choices, its not uncommon for people to gain a little of their preop loss back in first few months, but once it working well your love it

Your right moomoo1 but they really should, hey? grrr :mad:

I was lucky it was told to me very clearly so I didn't pressure myself that I was loosing slowly to begin, but I also think the amount of restriction given is different I was told to expect a lot of food groups to be nonband foods and had a good tight sweet spot but iv noticed on here a lot don't have that degree of restriction and eat most foods still , really has changed.

Back