• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

im in Pain

Tamgredan

wanna be happy!
Need yor help guys.

All today ive suffered with shoulder pain and bloatedness but tonight it seems worse.
Im getting pains across my chest and they go down my back.

Looking at back at my day ive only had 1 slimfast and 1/2 can of soup BUT ive eaten them quite fast. Both have gone within 15 minutes.

Could this be my problem?

Possibly Hun yeah, you're still going to be very sore and as you have been coping so well it could be you took it for granted a little bit and pushed yourself a little too far x
Take some pain meds (sure you must have already) and remember to take it really slow and not do too much round the house etc. Gently does it xxxx

Thanks Neen, im due some more pain killers now. Tomorrow im going to eat really really slow and see if that makes a difference.
Ill just hang on in there tonight.

Lesson #1 learned.

Night night all
xx

You could have possibly taken in too much wind when you had what liquids you did. Try to slow your drinking down and see how this fairs out , as it does sound like trapped wind xxx

:)Hope you manage a good night's sleep;)

For about 2 hours after this post last night i was in pure agony, then suddenly it stopped. Oh what a relief.

Today im going to drink very very slow and see if that helps. Im also sticking to actimel and soup today.

Ill report back later.

Thanks for help.

With the pain just suddenly stopping like that it sounds like you possibly had iron fist?! I hope today is better for you hun x I've just realised as well that I commented on my post assuming you hadn't had surgery yet but you have! Hmmmm. Maybe i could copy the booklet I have with the pre op and email it to you or something?

With the pain just suddenly stopping like that it sounds like you possibly had iron fist?! I hope today is better for you hun x I've just realised as well that I commented on my post assuming you hadn't had surgery yet but you have! Hmmmm. Maybe i could copy the booklet I have with the pre op and email it to you or something?

That would be good Kelly - thanks

Hello Again, I hope your feeling better today, I was in agony on Sunday/Monday,similar to you. got some good advice on here, but I was doing everything and it wouldnt go. I got some soluble paracetamol and two hot water bottles, one on he back of my shoulder and one on my tum near the port wound, and Ive felt much better since. I did the same as you earlier, I ate soup too fast (old habbits die hard :-( ) and the shoulder pain came back straight away, so I got the hot water bottles out again, took a soluble paracetamol and hey presto, gone again. Might not work for everyone, but its def helped me so might be worth a try if you suffer again hun x

Happened to me yesterday afternoon too. After I had been on here saying how well i was feeling too.
It happened to me because I was on the phone having a cuppa and got carried away and drank it as I used to drink tea, with proper mouthfuls instead of sips. I had also taken that massive red pill with my first few sips. Then ten mins later.... WHAM!!!! felt like I had swallowed an iron fist and it was forcing its way down my tender insides.
It's the pits!!!
Sip, sip, sip!!! walk, walk, walk!!! Paracetamol, paracetamol and paracetamol!!! That is my mantra till this newly post op time is over.
Lynne x

oh i have been getting shoulder pain since my op - its awful. but i am relieved to hear that others get it too

Def sounds like trapped wind 2 me, i suffered so bad with it post bypass, one i was crying in pain for hours and i have a high pain threshold, try taking some meds for trapped wind, if ur ur taking meds in tablet form then try something like windeze, it was a life saver for me for the first 3 weeks post op, but if u cant take take tabs at the moment u can try gripe water, i took that into hospital with me but def not as effective as windeze.
Hope that helps u and the pain eases of soon, def sip sip and sip, even now i am 13 months post op and today i totally forgot and took a large swig out of the "forbidden fruit ice cold cherry diet coke " boy oh boy did i suffer for about 20 mins lol with pain and trapped wind x

Back