• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

im new can you explain more about need for protein and vent at banks

sewingbelle56

hi i am not following yourselves when you ask about high protein foods :confused:
i think i understand you need 60g a day intake otherwise your body will attack it self (ie your heart and other muscles)to get it
but is it just hard to eat the 60g , or is it a cost factor with things like eg prawns a high protein low fat food or do you not like sea food

can people tell me which protein rich foods they eat and which they cant:)

is there a leaflet online telling me what i can expect to eat not eat etc, as because i havent paid yet i havent got any indepth reading materials from the clinic untill i pay a deposit.

i am self employed i am STILL WAITING on my remortgage confirmation from my bank i sent in the wrong form they asked for last years return i sent the year befores and had to re send the right form and i am back of the que
stupid thing to do but i had been applying at a dif bank in feb and that form was last years why they didnt say 08 09 i dont know
now every time i chase the bank i am told the mortgages have started to improve around the counry , honestly it is driving me NUTTS what an inconvenient time for the banks morgage department to get busy and have my ultra important remortgage and bypass waiting :rolleyes:
and talk about frustration i am having to get of the phone as quick as i can when iam chasing it up ,
as they are really getting my back up 'its not on the system yet'
and i can feel myself getting ready to agggh at them and tell them to hire more staff etc etc. and i dont think i will get my mortage if i let rip:eek:
so i thought i could vent with you guys
sewing belle

i have just gone for a brew and checked the freezer what i thought was a high protein prawn is only 19 g per 100 g i think i am beginning to grasp the problem
thanks for the link
angela

Angela which surgery are you having?

I think she is having a bypass

hi i am going to have a bypass its morning now i am having a shower and then ringing the dreaded bank (they will be very nice man when they say yes though)
sewingbelle

its quantity thats the main problem most other foods go out the window until you have mastered eating enough protien, even then there are days when you wil struggle hence the protien shakes are a definate must for bypassers

its quantity thats the main problem most other foods go out the window until you have mastered eating enough protien, even then there are days when you wil struggle hence the protien shakes are a definate must for bypassers

Hi Sewingbelle

Hope you get it all sorted out soon...

TS...can you have Cambridge shakes as they are high protein or are there other shakes that are recommended?

Good luck Sewinbelle on your journey...Go kick bankers butt...lol

~hugs~

i have whey protien shakes as the body obsorbs this very quickly :) you need to make sure the sugar content is low on them as well

this is an interesting topic protien shakes/suppliments my brother had bypass may08 he has never used either of these and has lost over 11 to date. Do you think its because he is a man he lost it quicker or does it make no difference after bypass?

thanks
julie x

The protein isn't necessarily to aid weight loss, its more to prevent muscle loss. Your body needs a certain amount of protein per day to maintain your muscle, not just biceps and triceps, but heart muscle etc as well. So if you are not getting enough protein, the body can start to break down muscle as well as fat, which is not something you want! We've had a couple of members on here who have suffered quite badly with muscle wastage as a result of inadequate protein intake.

As an added bonus, having a good volume of protein and a low intake of carbs (and practically no refined/simple carbs) will aid weight loss and kick start it on a plateau.

Back