• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HI!!!!!!

Hi Vicky,
Welcome to the site - everyone here is so welcoming and friendly and you'll find a wealth of info and good advice. I too am under Mr El Hasani but at Chelsfield as going private - I start my pre op diet next week and op is 13th feb (bypass).....I believe we are in very good hands with Mr E-H...
Xx
Hi Beccles,
Thank you for your message.
9th Feb, you must be really excited! How long have you had to wait by going private?
Vicky x

Welcome Vicki ! I'm under Mr El Hasani too and had my op in May last year at Farnborough. You'll like Star when you see her on 9 Feb, she's lovely. I'm due to see her for my next checkup on the 14th. Don't be afraid to ask us absolutely anything - there's no such thing as a silly question here ! xx
Hi Rose,
I must admit i've read over your journey and i really admire you and the way you've handled everything.
Did you ever go to Kings? I don't understand why the hospitals have changed!?
Mr Hasani asked me if i wanted too attend and group sessions, did you go to any?
Thank you
Vicky x

I joined this group a day ago so still trying to work out how to use it!!
Thank you all for being so kind and welcoming, i already feel lighter just by knowing there are people who actually understand my thoughts and feelings!

Vicky x

Hi
Welcome to 'The friendly forum'
It's a really good place for information, hints and tips as well as a shoulder to cry on when needed. Get your post count up to 50+ and you will be able to see photos and read diaries.

Hi
Welcome to 'The friendly forum'
It's a really good place for information, hints and tips as well as a shoulder to cry on when needed. Get your post count up to 50+ and you will be able to see photos and read diaries.
Hi,
I've got my count over 50 now but when i look at peoples profiles it wont show me any photos?!
Also i can only see a couple of people diarys, im sure i'll figger this out soon.
Vicky x

hi vicky and welcome!!, im having a gastric band with el hasani next friday. good luck with your nurses appointment hope everything goes well xx

Hi Vicky! I hope you're finding your way around the site a little bit better now!?

I had my bypass with Mr El-Hasani 2 weeks ago this Sunday - I also went private at Chelsfield (like Beccles) and can rest assure you that you are in the best hands! He is a lovely surgeon and obviously very proud of his work and previous 'losers' :)

I am afraid as I went private I am not sure of timescales etc with NHS patients but it was only 2 months between my 1st appointment with Mr El-Hasani and my op and today I have just been for a wound check and a weigh in and I have lost 10kilos (around 22lbs) in 3 weeks! I am ecstatic :party0049:

Good luck with your journey and maybe I will catch up with you at the support group for our area xxx

Hi Vicky! I hope you're finding your way around the site a little bit better now!?

I had my bypass with Mr El-Hasani 2 weeks ago this Sunday - I also went private at Chelsfield (like Beccles) and can rest assure you that you are in the best hands! He is a lovely surgeon and obviously very proud of his work and previous 'losers' :)

I am afraid as I went private I am not sure of timescales etc with NHS patients but it was only 2 months between my 1st appointment with Mr El-Hasani and my op and today I have just been for a wound check and a weigh in and I have lost 10kilos (around 22lbs) in 3 weeks! I am ecstatic :party0049:

Good luck with your journey and maybe I will catch up with you at the support group for our area xxx
2 months wow thats sounds like a dream! How are u feeling? Does the hospital have support groups?
VICKY x

2 months wow thats sounds like a dream! How are u feeling? Does the hospital have support groups?
VICKY x

2 months was a nice wait - especially as I am the sort of person that once I make a decision I have to do it quickly or I will just push it under the carpet again :)

I am feeling really good thank you - tummy still feels a bit tender sometimes in the morning but I came off my pain meds a couple of days after surgery and my incision marks are tiny - I did read that Mr El-Hasani is known for his minimal scaring :) - back to work today, albeit from home - lucky me! :)

Chelsfield has a support group every 2nd Friday of the month (this months is the 11th) - which hospital will you have your op at? I am not sure if Farnborough have their own group but I know a few NHS patients go to the one at Chelsfield.... I haven't been to one yet - the 11th will be my 1st, but I understand it's a little like a weight watchers style group - you get to meet others in the same boat and they give little talks - usually on how to make your bypass work for you - recipe sharing etc :) - I am sure someone who has been to one of the groups will come along soon and give you some more info xx

2 months was a nice wait - especially as I am the sort of person that once I make a decision I have to do it quickly or I will just push it under the carpet again :)

I am feeling really good thank you - tummy still feels a bit tender sometimes in the morning but I came off my pain meds a couple of days after surgery and my incision marks are tiny - I did read that Mr El-Hasani is known for his minimal scaring :) - back to work today, albeit from home - lucky me! :)

Chelsfield has a support group every 2nd Friday of the month (this months is the 11th) - which hospital will you have your op at? I am not sure if Farnborough have their own group but I know a few NHS patients go to the one at Chelsfield.... I haven't been to one yet - the 11th will be my 1st, but I understand it's a little like a weight watchers style group - you get to meet others in the same boat and they give little talks - usually on how to make your bypass work for you - recipe sharing etc :) - I am sure someone who has been to one of the groups will come along soon and give you some more info xx
Hey,
Im glad your feeling ok, hope you still do after a day of work!
Can you go to the groups before surgery or is it 'losers' only?
How long was you in hospital for?
Vicky x

Hey,
Im glad your feeling ok, hope you still do after a day of work!
Can you go to the groups before surgery or is it 'losers' only?
How long was you in hospital for?
Vicky x

I think you can go before you have an your op - I was told I could attend if I wanted but I am not sure if this is different for private and NHS patients though - I did find this site was the best for a lot of my pre-op questions though and certainly helped me prepare for my journey .... maybe contact your nurse/doctor and find out about any groups you can attend - it's always worth doing your homework!

I went into hospital on the Sunday and was home on the Wednesday afternoon....

Sunday - I had the op in the afternoon and was sitting in a chair Sunday evening.

Monday - I had a day of feeling tender and sleepy - they also started me sipping water mid morning, starting with a small amount and working my way up to a whole cup - I did feel a slight nausea whilst doing this but they gave me some anti sickness stuff in my drip and felt instantly better. They also upped my walking and I even attempted some stairs - in the afternoon they took my catheter out and I felt like a new woman - there is nothing worse than having to walk around the hospital corridors with what the nurses called me 'gucci' bag lol! :)

Tuesday - I had all my drips removed which made getting around a hell of a lot easier, a coffee in the morning (which was lovely) and had my 1st taster of some tomato soup around 12pm - I managed around 3 spoonfuls.... there was even more walking during the day, then had a banana milkshake in the evening and managed around the same amount - it was strange feeling full only a few sips! I didn't have the greatest nights sleep on the Tuesday night - although the nurses left me alone I swelled up like a balloon and it was quite uncomfortable - this is quite usual cause of all the fluids that are pumped into your body whilst on the drip - apparently you put on between 7-10lbs!

Wednesday - they took the last of my tubes etc out (they have to keep them in just in case they need to put you back on the drip) - my partner picked me up around 11am and I was home and snuggled on the sofa by 12pm :)

All in all it was a wonderful experience and I am still amazewd how quickly your body recovers from key hole surgery!

I hope this info helps - just holler if you have any other questions xxx

Back