• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Im new to this .... Im on day 4 only had my band done wednesday !!

linsey veysey

Hi all
Just wanted to know .. How long does the pain last for ? I'm on day 4 only had my band done on Wednesday ... But still in pain .. X

Welcome Linsey, thanks for joining us on your journey. I am 12 days post-op, and to be honest didn't need pain killers from day 3, but everyone is different.

You will have been given a prescription on discharge - keep taking as prescribed and if you run out and the pain still bothers you, see your GP.

Gently move around and exercise those muscles, and keep yourself distracted - telly, music, a good book.

Is it more discomfort rather than pain? I remember thinking thank god I'd taken 2 wk off work as at 1 week wasn't as well as I'd expected to be...came on leaps n bounds in that second week... Be patient x

Hi there,

Just wanted to say and welcome to this wonderful site! I had a very easy ride so cannot really help sorry. But any questions, please ask :)

Hi and welcome Linsey. It could be wind pain that you are having. Move around lots, swing your arms around, sit bolt up right in a chair and try drinking peppermint tea (yuk) All these could help to get rid of it. I took kids liquid paracetamol when I got home from hospital as I can't stand the melted tablets even made up with squash. Hope your pain goes soon. The second week will see you so much better.

Love Kate x

Thanks everyone .... Guess I've just had a bad day today ... But it's really good to talk to people that knows what I'm going through ... I just keep thinking about that size 10 dress .. Lol ... But thanks again xxx

Hi Linsey, how are you feeling today?
Just to let too know, I'd say I was in quite bad pain for the first week but as above, came on leaps and bounds in the second week.
Hopefully you're feeling a little more comfortable today. Xx

hi lindsy, welcome to the site, im 11 weks post op now and 3 stone down, the pain wont last long, a week or so hope u well, any questions we all here ready to answer xxx

Thank you ... I'm feeling alittle better .. I'm just taking it day by day .. I'm back to work Monday so hope I pick up soon ... Just find it really good that I can come on here and talk to people who know how I feel ... Thanks again x

glad u feeling better, this site is fab, peps r so friendly and will try to answer ne questons xx

Back