• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Journey to be less wobbly!

Wobbly71

Hi everyone

Thought I would start a diary, first post could be long!

I had my consultation with THG on 9th August and booked for band on 28th August.

DId a 2 wek pre op diet and lost 9-10 pounds.

Had op at DOlan park and everything was good.

I have got to say I am now 9 days post op and I was expecting to be back to normal but still in quite a bit of pain.

My port scar had opened last Thursday and a friend a nurse steri stripped it. SHe rechecked it saturday and steri stripped again so am waiting to get it checked today and hoping all ok.

Still have a lot of pain on port site, tender on full stomach, and wind pain still bothering me. SLeeping ok but waking up with back ache as I am sleeping on my back!

I have lost a few more pounds this week since op I'm about 15 pound down now in total. On liquids only which I am managing but looking forward to normal mush next week.

I have been out and about the last few days and walking a lot better. Stomach still feels heavy and hangy when I'm walking.

I'm back at work next Wednesday and just hoping I am getting back to normal by then.

Gonna start keeping a track of my calories today and see how I'm doing. Weight not shifting that quick but could be with not eating enough.

Anyway that will do for now.

x x x x

I had a bypass 2 1/2 weeks ago and I've only just started to feel human again and I still get tired enough to go to bed by 10pm a lot of nights, im usually a proper night owl.
I think it's just a case of us getting used to our new lifestyles and our bodies adapting to the changes too.
Take care
Em xxxx

Ye I agree, I'm ready for bed tennish most nights.

Well today is day 11 post op and feeling good. Wind pain settling down, managing on liquids and only have mmy port scar still covered but its getting there.

Really looking forward to some "food".

I had my op on tuesday 28th and they say 2 weeks liquids, do I start mush tuesday or wednesday this week? x x

Sorry hun can't help with when to start mush just want to wish you lots of luck! Look forward to seeing how you get on I'm being banded 7th oct xx

Good luck kells keep popping in to let me know how you doing x

Whose doing your op? U at dolan park aren't you x

Its good to get it over and done with. Now to get cracking on and shift the weight.

Up bright and early this morning, not much sleep but hubby's fault he was out last night and nowt worse than a drunken man when u sober!

Not much planned today but a lovely day might sit in the sun then walk round sea front later, start exercising a bit. Back to work wednesday x

Wobbly71 said:
Its good to get it over and done with. Now to get cracking on and shift the weight.

Up bright and early this morning, not much sleep but hubby's fault he was out last night and nowt worse than a drunken man when u sober!

Not much planned today but a lovely day might sit in the sun then walk round sea front later, start exercising a bit. Back to work wednesday x

Have a lovely day xxx

I am now onto the mush stage, started yesterday.

Glad to finally be eating and also glad that I'm not finding food that important, it's not the be all and end all just some furl for my body.

I have nothing in my band yet so it's probably just my willpower keeping me on track.

Yesterday I had scrambled egg for brekkie, butternut squash soup for dinner, yogurt afternoon, and for tea I had turkey mince in gravy with mashed sweet potato and mushy peas, then a bit more yogurt last night.

Calorie wise I think it was about 800 for the day.

Not sure how weight is doing as my scales aren't the best.

Think I'm about 17-18 pound down, gonna weigh on saturday morning x

A good start to your mush stage :) and I don't have anything in my band yet, so totally get that willpower!

I keep stopping and thinking could I eat more?? not sure if it's me or the band, weird..............

Last night I cooked a pack of turkey mince in gravy and have made 6 portions from it topped with turnip, carrot and sweet potato mash.

Did 5 portions of fish in white sauce topped with the same and some cauliflower cheese portions.

All in freezer to take out each day. Need to be organised just hope they freeze ok and then microwave up.

Had boiled egg this morning with a small bit of low mayo, carrot and coriander soup for dinner and a yogurt for this afternoon if I need it. Fish pie tonight.

Feeling good and glad the last few weeks are out of the way.

Port site is healing now just a little bit at the end still weeps now and again.

Don't think I can feel my port but haven't had a good feel as still a bit sore.

Speak later everyone x x

I am 21lb down ! Over the moon.

Managing ok on mushy foods, just having same things really.

Gonna have a sweet potato jacket tonight with beans x

Notwobblyforlong xxx well done :D

Hi everyone

haven't really got anything to update.

Still on mushy stage, just taking it in my stride.

I have a dietician call on Tuesday and normal food from Wednesday next week. First fill is 1st october then back to liquids and mush.

Not getting weighed now till tuesday before phone call to update the dietician.

My port wound is finally nearly healed. Thank god!! Been a nightmare but fingers crossed.

Will be back Tuesday to let you know how my call goes x x

Its been a while.

Had my 1st fill today. Got 4ml in. My port was tilted a bit but managed ok second time round. Said it will be ok.

I gott weighed and on their scales from 1st consultation am 30lb down!!! 2 stone 2 pound.

Over the moon. Back on liquids for 2 days, then mush for 2 then see if this fill has worked x

Will update my tickker when I'm on a computer x

Fantastic, you must be over the moon, well done hon :)

I had 2nd fill yesterday.

When she took the previous fill out I had 5ml in so 1ml has appeared from somewhere?? she said maybe day of op! So I am now up to 7ml.

I have a 14ml band and she said I should start feeling restriction between 8 and 11 is the normal.

Back again in 3 weeks for next fill.

I am 36lb down so on for my target of 3 stone by xmas x x

Back