• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm new to this site today.

Are you taking Forceval & your other supplements ... if so don't worry about your veg at this stage as the vitamins & minerals in Forceval will compensate for the loss of veggies. Always get your protein in before filling up on anything else xx :)
I've not heard of Forceval. I take a multivit with minerals and calcium tablets every day that's all I was told to take. What supplements do you take?

I've not heard of Forceval. I take a multivit with minerals and calcium tablets every day that's all I was told to take. What supplements do you take?

Forceval is available on prescription & is the one most of us take. Depending on your bloods you may also need iron tabs, the calcium one you are already taking & also a b12 injection every three months. Ask your GP to prescribe/arrange these for you. xx :)

Welcome Hun n good luck on ur weight loss ;) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Tks Hun ;) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

When I have protein shakes I mix a quarter cup each of milk, Greek 0% yoghurt, fresh or frozen fruit and a scoop of protein powder (i measured it out once & the scoop in mine is equal to about 3tbsp's) although dried milk powder is good to add instead. Blitz with the hand blender & presto a delicious high protein smoothie.

Welcome Julie.... Good luck, I'm a pre opper too. 22 days to go!
And what's L& D? I'm a newbe

Sent from my DROIDX

Firstly can i say a couple of things. I'm not been a killjoy but someone has to say it to you newbies.

The nurse who said you'd never have to count calories again was talking out of her derriere. I've spent 5 months since my wls at weight watchers to shift a couple of stone and a lot of inches. Being a bypasser didn't make me any quicker a loser than others there, in fact most people lost more than me.... You MAY have to count calories!

Also the belief that you'll always eat what you eat now? Not true. Your portion sizes will increase, depending on what you eat! I've just eaten a bacon sandwich (2 pieces of bread) without a worry. However if i'd just had the bacon and a scrambled egg or two i'd have the same satisfaction but it would fill me for longer. Unfortunately i have no eggs in and my daughter missed the bit about just make me some bacon grrr god bless her.

If you can avoid slider foods and stick with your dense protein when you get to that stage you'll do just fine. Now i'm just telling myself the same thing. I can think about eating something dense and my pouch tightens up ready for a scrap with my mind, however it is psychological as a good friend told me, so last time it did it i just plodded on and ate my chicken breast n a bit of beetroot and my god the restriction was awesome!

It's a massive learning curve, but you will get there in the end and it is so worth it :) x

Welcome Julie.... Good luck, I'm a pre opper too. 22 days to go!
And what's L& D? I'm a newbe

Sent from my DROIDX
Hi Char, It's Luton & Dunstable hospital. Good luck in the time up until your op. After that it is all plain sailing until you start to get fed up with the baby food :(

Firstly can i say a couple of things. I'm not been a killjoy but someone has to say it to you newbies.

The nurse who said you'd never have to count calories again was talking out of her derriere. I've spent 5 months since my wls at weight watchers to shift a couple of stone and a lot of inches. Being a bypasser didn't make me any quicker a loser than others there, in fact most people lost more than me.... You MAY have to count calories!

Also the belief that you'll always eat what you eat now? Not true. Your portion sizes will increase, depending on what you eat! I've just eaten a bacon sandwich (2 pieces of bread) without a worry. However if i'd just had the bacon and a scrambled egg or two i'd have the same satisfaction but it would fill me for longer. Unfortunately i have no eggs in and my daughter missed the bit about just make me some bacon grrr god bless her.

If you can avoid slider foods and stick with your dense protein when you get to that stage you'll do just fine. Now i'm just telling myself the same thing. I can think about eating something dense and my pouch tightens up ready for a scrap with my mind, however it is psychological as a good friend told me, so last time it did it i just plodded on and ate my chicken breast n a bit of beetroot and my god the restriction was awesome!

It's a massive learning curve, but you will get there in the end and it is so worth it :) x
Hi Phats, Thanks for the info, that's just what this site for - to help each other and to inform, so all advice welcome and looking at the amount you've lost you've got to be right:)

Back