• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello! I'm new here

JulesE

I thought I'd pop in and say Hello & introduce myself :wavey:

I'm new to SWL, but was a member of Minis a while ago.

I recently turned 35 and have struggled with my weight most of my life. I can't really ever remember not being on a diet of some sort.

Like most of you, I've tried all sorts of ways to lose weight......all the usual diets - Cambridge, Lighter Life, SW, WW, Atkins, slimming pills etc etc. All have proved unsuccessful for me (obviously primarily because of my lack or ability to stick to them!) and I am now heavier than I have ever been in my life. I have around 11 stones to lose.

Only recently have I been seriously considering surgery to shed the weight. I'm growing increasingly frustrated at the effect my mass is having on my life and that of my 3 year old son & wonderful husband. I want to be slim & healthy for myself and for my family.

I'm so unsure of where I go from here :confused: I think I'll have to pay for surgery as I don't have any real health problems (yet!) that would support an application for NHS funding. I had gestational diabetes but that seems to have cleared up since my baby was born.
So, I am here researching any & all info I can find. I'm sure I'll find lots of pointers on this site.

I look forward to getting to know you all more as I progress on my journey to surgery, slimdom and a healthier, happier life :)

Jules xx

Welcome Jules! I have 3 year old twin girls and trying to chase them is a chore. I would check out the BOSPA website and see what the PCT funding rules are for your PCT. I thought I would have to pay as well but found out that I am covered by the NHS since my PCT follows the NICE guidelines. Now I just have to bide my time and I won't have to pay.

HiYa Jules,
Welcome to the Weight loss section.
You will get loads of help and advice here.
I had my Bypass privately and went with Healthier weight. They were brilliant and can not fault them one bit. Here is the link to the website for you to have a look at. Weight Loss Clinic UK - Obesity Surgery, Gastric Band Surgery & Weight Loss Programmes (Programs) - Healthier Weight Quite a few people on here went with them Dr Ashton is a lovely man and very friendly and helpfull and Mr Ammori the surgeon is highly reccomended.
Wishing you the best of luck on your weightloss journey.

hi and welcome Jules.It is fab on here hun:D:D

welcome to the wls section xxxx

Hi Jules!! :welcome2:to mini's. Hope you find us all helpful and friendly because we ARE a friendly bunch. Any question you have just ask away. Are you looking at band or bypass?? Either way there are many experienced peeps of both surgery's to help you if you need them to.
Good luck on your wls journey. xxGaynorxx

Last edited:
Thank you!

WOW! :eek:

What an amazing welcome! Thank you all for taking the time to post to me, it was a wonderful surprise to see so many :)

Julia - Thanks for the link......My PCT have stupid guidelines though & won't fund me without a bmi of 60+ or list of ailments!

Fat-girl-slim - thanks so much for that link. I will deffo look into that company. Recommendations are exactly the kind of thing I need.

I know I want the op. I think the band is the right thing for me.
I just need to sort out how to get the ball rolling now!

big thanks to you all again, :D

Jules xx

Back