• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

LONG TIME NO SEE, HIYA

Janeywanttoloosealot

Hello everyone, long time no see apologies for not being around have had a few ups and downs since last october mostly downs. Well here i am still in one peice and i mean peice loose skin and all. Unfortunately the nhs have let me down badly and i am most upset. Should have known it was to good to be true last october when the plastic surgeon said yes. I spent 3 months hanging on the phone waiting for a cancelation that never came. 2 pre-ops later and a dodgy liver blood result i was taken off the list 1 and a half days before my scheduled surgery date even though i was assured that i had not lost my funding until my liver levels were corrected. Turned out to be anti depresant tablets that were causing my high liver levels which the doctor had put me on because i was getting depressed waiting for this surgery. 3 months later having being taken of the anti depresants cold turkey my liver levels corrected doctor referred me back to the plastic surgeon. Now i have been told that i lost my funding when i was taken off the list and now i do not fit the criteria for funding and have been told to talk to my doctor. HOW FAIR IS THAT. Any comments welcome or advise would be welcome.

Janey x:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Thats crap for you Jane!So unfair after all you have been through,Can you appeal the descision with a letter from your gp?Maz x

Hello everyone, long time no see apologies for not being around have had a few ups and downs since last october mostly downs. Well here i am still in one peice and i mean peice loose skin and all. Unfortunately the nhs have let me down badly and i am most upset. Should have known it was to good to be true last october when the plastic surgeon said yes. I spent 3 months hanging on the phone waiting for a cancelation that never came. 2 pre-ops later and a dodgy liver blood result i was taken off the list 1 and a half days before my scheduled surgery date even though i was assured that i had not lost my funding until my liver levels were corrected. Turned out to be anti depresant tablets that were causing my high liver levels which the doctor had put me on because i was getting depressed waiting for this surgery. 3 months later having being taken of the anti depresants cold turkey my liver levels corrected doctor referred me back to the plastic surgeon. Now i have been told that i lost my funding when i was taken off the list and now i do not fit the criteria for funding and have been told to talk to my doctor. HOW FAIR IS THAT. Any comments welcome or advise would be welcome.

Janey x:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

How on earth can they say you do not fit the criteria any more?
Your BMI is below what they have asked for.
You didn't ask to be taken off the list
Speak to your GP ask the PCT and appeal, appeal, appeal

Back