• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Plastic surgeon agreed to TT on NHS but need help!

Trinaweena

:)Hi,
I had my consultation yesterday with a NHS/private plastic surgeon which went alot easier than I ever expected, Fanastic news is that he is going to recommend that I have a TT on medical reasons to the PCT for 2 reasons, one is the breakdown of skin underneath my apron fold and the constant staphlococci infections I keep getting and the other which I didn't expect is to tighten my muscles which have weaken and the surgeon wants them tightened up, both of this due to medical reasons which is great and I couldn't believe it is going to happen at last, he said that my GP has already applied to the PCT and he will do the same, He has a 3mth waiting list which is really quick as I thought this would be much longer,but I'm now really worried that my Hull pct won't fund it, I definatly have the backing of my GP and my consultant, I just wondered what you all think my chances are of funding are they good or bad as I have never had to go through this before and I daren't get too excited (although I couldn't sleep last night through excitment) incase I come back to earth with a major bump.:cry::confused::confused:
Please any suggestions??
Thank you all and keep up the good work
Katrina xx:)

Sorry I can't help, but I just wanted to wish you luck. I would have assumed that if Dr and consultant supported it it would be an NHS op?

Hi I cannot give you any advice but I can offer moral support. I was referred by my GP last week to the PCT, he said he would tell them I "need" it. I know 100%how you feel about waiting for the decision, I swing from feeling very positive to very negative that I wont get it. I have only told a handful of close friends and one keeps putting the kybosh on my postive thoughts. I am searching and searching the internet for any thread that can give me positive hope. So if you need a support buddy please contact me as I need one too :( Fingers crossed for both of us.

hello, I too just had a consultation with an amazing nhs surgeon for an extended tummy tuck(it goes around the whole circumference of your body) but he didn't mention anything about funding, as far as I'm aware once they've said you can have it then you have a clinical physchology test and then you're on the waiting list(mine is around 18 weeks)

Good luck with it!!

xxx

Hi Trina

Once I saw the consultant and he said it needed doing and put me on his waiting list then it was a done deal! So fingers crossed for you that it is the same in your postcode lottery area!

Good luck

Mike

Hi all,
Well what a roller coaster las 3weeks I have had with the PCT and funding issues, anyway great new they have agreed to fund a TT on the NHS, I am now on my PS waiting list which meams I should be done anyime now until sept 19th 08, YIPEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
I'm so pleased and can't wait, I don't have to see a physcologists due to my TT been done for infection reasons ie my severe skin infections that occur inbetween my fold of skin and my problems with my weakened stomach muscles.
Take care Katrina xxxxx
PS it really is a lottery out there and really hard to get this on NHS

Nice to hear that if I need a TT I might be able to get one (I'm in Hessle.)
Though hopefully I won't, haven't got that much to lose :)

Brilliant news Trina. You'll be looking fab for Xmas. Hoping to get one myself next year.

Back