• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ellzee, Journey to find the REAL me

Hello everybody, I haven't logged in here for months so I hope everyone is doing well, plus I am sure there are a lot of new faces now!
I hit a milestone this morning, over 5 stone lost!! It's 11 months since my op and the amazing thing is I have just spent 2 weeks in Florida!! I went 3 years ago (pre band) and gained a stone, this time I lost 1lb!! I think I can now say I'm at that stage where I love my band, it just took me a little bit longer to get to grips with it. The adjustments are still hard, they even talked about another op to move my port but after a full under x-Ray, which was fascinating by the way, they realised its just a bit skew and we can get it done now.
I still have a bit of a way to go but I feel so much better than I used to, more confidence and something else which I don't know if other people find, I don't get sick half as often. I used to get every cough, cold and big going round but now I think I am so much happier and healthier in myself instead of being run down and unhealthy.
So anyway, if anyone browses through my diary they can see I've had my ups and downs, but the bottom line is try and stay positive, stick with it and it'll all fall into place. I've still got nearly 3 stone to go but i know I'll get there. Good luck everyone fighting the same battles as me xx

Congrats. What a great, positive update..

Oh hello stranger :) so good to hear from you and with such a lovely positive post too wtg hunni....congratulations :) any weight loss is a huge battle even with a tool it can be difficult, we all have our ups and downs, we are all still fighting the battle everyday, some days its easier than others but ultimately the battle gets easier and I'm so pleased it all finally fell into place for you and your battles have become easier too :) going away and coming back with a loss is an amazing achievement so wd on that :)

THanks for updating..... many banders seem to drift away when the battle becomes too much or life becomes more hectic but its great to hear of success especially after initial struggles ....its a great help to any newbies coming thru too.....

Do please stay in touch were all here for support, and we love to hear how its going.....

Wishing you all the best with the remains of your journey, it was a pleasure to read your joyful post..... it made me smile :) lots of happy ever afters for you x x x x x huge hugs x x x x x

So good to hear from you and wow wow wow! 5 stone that is amazing!!!!!! Glad your feeling so much better as well that's awesome to hear! X

Hi everyone, just a quick check in from me. Just over the 2 year mark now and 6st4lbs lost now.
It becomes just a way of life so for me daily updates etc just don't seem necessary anymore but i know how much I struggled at the beginning and like to pop back to let people know it's worth hanging in there and putting in the hard work needed.
I still would like to lose another stone or so but it is a lot slower now, I do have to make a conscious effort to lose now but I also do 2-3 bootcamps a week which really makes a difference.
I'm going to be a bridesmaid soon and love the dress, will see if I can upload a pic of me trying it on so you can see my progress!
I also went to Cape Town in March, and climbed table mountain. This was an incredible achievement for me since last time we went I'm sure I struggled enough making the walk from the car park to the cable car!
Anyway I hope everyone is still doing well and all newcomers, they you're struggling, hang on in there! It's worth it! x

Oh and over 2 years since my op and still not had a cold since, it can't be a coincidence!! So much healthier now x

WTG girl....lovely to see you....hanks for the update...well done and congrts x x x x good luck with the last stone and wow on being a bridesmaid :) am sure your be the bell of the ball x x x

Sorry for the bump. Just wanted to post to say that I've just had mine done at the same place by the same guy as you. Streamline, BMI Clementine Churchill and the Sudbury Clinic, by Guy Slater and his team. It's reassuring to hear of your success, I hope I've had the same success in a couple years too.

Congrats on your success!

Back