• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm so glad I found this page!

big fat mama

I have withdrawn all my savings and borrowed money to be banded and am having my operation on Tuesday 7 June.

I have been heavy in varying degrees all my life and have lost huge amounts of weight previously on cambridge and lighterlife, but always temporary. The minute I come off the initial stage, I come off the rails.

I am so keen to hear from anyone who has had this recently or in recent years as I have so many questions for real people rather than the brochures and want to know the reality of it (and sucess stories would be amazing too).

Thanks and hiya
ditsy
x

hey ditzy, welcome to the family. My op is the 30th june so i'll be after all the gossip lol.
Everyone on here is so helpful and if there are any questions then fire away, someone will always answer them for you, however minor you may think it is.
Happy posting and good luck for your op, you won't need it though, you'll be A.O.K x

Whoops, forget your welcome banners x:553::talk017::welcome2::553::greenapple::welcome:

Whoops, forget your welcome banners x

:553::talk017::welcome2::party0038:

Hi and welcome.xx

Lovely to meet you Sarah!!

Lol Sarah thanks a million!! I havent told very many people about this in "real" life so very glad to meet you although I could never do all that clever banner stuff!

I will need to try and fill in all the info on here such a technophobe but hoping a forum will keep me out of the kitchen :D

Hi Dolly - thanks for taking the time to say Hi! much appreciated!

Do you mind if I look at your gallery? x How are you getting on so far x

I've overloaded you with banners lol x

Hi Sarah x

Lol Sarah thanks a million!! I havent told very many people about this in "real" life so very glad to meet you although I could never do all that clever banner stuff!

I will need to try and fill in all the info on here such a technophobe but hoping a forum will keep me out of the kitchen :D

it's easy hun, when you write your reply click on "go Advanced" and then click on the "more" button underneath the slimey faces. There are quite a few different ones that pop up x

Hi and welcome,

I have also done the lighterlife and cambridge diets and lost lots of weight with both but also piled it all (and more) back on.

Ditsy- can I ask where you have chosen to have your surgery? and who is your surgeon?

Fingers crossed I will be having a bypass, I am going down the NHS route and I am awaiting news on my funding.

Nadine

Hey Deets and Nadine, hi and thanks so much for stopping by!!

I am having gastric band at Nuffield Hospital in Glasgow, with Catherine Sharp as my surgeon. Been for pre op assessments last week and quite frankly am terrified at this point in time. x

Thanks a million Sharon, I have been considering it for two years but couldnt get doctor to take me seriously and gave up, bit the bullet 6 weeks ago and its has all just flew in!

How do you feel about it x

Hi Ditsy and Welcome. Good Luck with your surgery and wishing you a speedy recovery. I've had a bypass and am over the moon with the results so far.

Hi Ditsy, and welcome to the forum. What a shame you didn't find us six months ago and you could have used the time so wisely getting to know all the banders and what is going on with their weight loss journey...

As a bypasser and speaking from my own experience, weight loss surgery is just like any diet/healthy lifestyle. You have to still put commitment into it and you have to give it 100% devotion....

Banders in my own eyes don't get enough recognition for the amount of willpower and determination that they have to give their bands. It's not an easy ride, but you only have to look at Mazza and Neen to name just the first two to come to mind and know that you can become whatever you choose....

The very best of luck to you and i hope to see you doing a lot of posting on here and to look at your journey and enjoy seeing your downwards progress xxx

big fat mama said:
Thanks a million Sharon, I have been considering it for two years but couldnt get doctor to take me seriously and gave up, bit the bullet 6 weeks ago and its has all just flew in!

How do you feel about it x

TBH I am going through a bit if a tough patch at the moment, onto normal food but been feeling hungry since started on sloppies. Desperate for a fill to feel some restriction. Your story sounds like mine although my gp was up for me to have a band, it was the pct who kept turning me down so I decided to pay for my op myself, poor for a couple of years but I'm sure it will be worth it.

I have lost 17lb so far so doing well but it is a lot more emotional then I thought. It is a great feeling when people notice I have lost weight.

I am sure you will have some dark times too but we have to remember it is a marathon not a sprint :)

Back