• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm so glad I found this page!

Thanks Charmain and Julie, your results look so encouraging and thanks so much for getting in touch. The thing is I can diet, I just need a little help in the long term and hopefully this is it. Thats certainly what they tell me it can do! I am ready to commit as it is costing what little savings I have as well as money borrowed that will also help keep me focused. I need to chat to some banders for an understanding of the reality of it x x x

Hi Ditzy and welcome. Im due to have a gastric sleeve on 29 July. I have found this site to be fab...everyone is friendly and lots of advice/support here xxx

Thanks Sharon I didnt get put on any diet for before - just this little liver shrink thing now which I am worried I am doing wrong though I have lost about 8lbs in less than two weeks. I am very scared, and worried about how long it takes to recover as work only gave me two days off after surgery. I am so up for it but the fear is putting an edge on. x x

Hi Tasha thanks a million - i hadnt even heard of a sleeve until half an hour ago I am going to go google it now!! All the very best and I will hopefully see you in here!! x x

Can i suggest you ask for help in the Banders section? If you give it a title such as 'Banders, help needed' they will jump in and help as they are a great bunch of wls peeps xx

big fat mama said:
Thanks Sharon I didnt get put on any diet for before - just this little liver shrink thing now which I am worried I am doing wrong though I have lost about 8lbs in less than two weeks. I am very scared, and worried about how long it takes to recover as work only gave me two days off after surgery. I am so up for it but the fear is putting an edge on. x x

Hi Tasha thanks a million - i hadnt even heard of a sleeve until half an hour ago I am going to go google it now!! All the very best and I will hopefully see you in here!! x x

I booked some time off as holiday, work knew all about the op so I thought it was best not to have the time off sick. I had the op on the Thursday and went back to work the following Monday week so had about 12 days off which I thought was about right. The tuesday after the op I nipped into town but felt really I'll and weak so I think it was a bit much.

Thanks Julie and Sharon blown away by how helpful everyone is on here!

I hadnt actually looked at the other threads yet (what a muppet) I will look for the banding one in a mo. Thanks so much xxx

:welcome2::party0038::party0019::newbie: Hi Congrats on your upcoming band. Don't worry about the op too much, it's not so bad. I know everyone is different but most of us recover really quickly. It's the wind pain that's annoying, but it doesn't last too long.
You have come to the right place
xxxx

OMG nice loss Karen!! How long did it take before you felt able to work after it, I am so worried about that!! And how long does the op take I dont remember being told. eeeiiikkk x

OMG nice loss Karen!! How long did it take before you felt able to work after it, I am so worried about that!! And how long does the op take I dont remember being told. eeeiiikkk x
The op took about 30 mins. You close your eyes and then when you open them again it's all done!
I felt pretty much back to normal by about day 5. I would take a week off work if I were you. Like I said its the wind pain thats annoying, but nothing worse than that for me. You will be a bit tender for a few days in your wound area's but that goes quite quick too.
xx

Thanks a million thats one of my main concerns, I have fibromyalgia and am going through a "good" phase so used to pain, its the weak thing I am worried about 5 days sounds ok - might take from tues to sun off and beg for extra hols then x

Hi there Ditsy and welcome.
I cant comment on the banding because I had a bypass but I can say well done for making the decision to have surgery.
You will be fine and there are so many lovely people on here who are willing and very able to help you from now on. No matter what your questions or problems are, just ask and somebody will answer you.
Lynne x

big fat mama said:
lost huge amounts of weight previously on cambridge and lighterlife, but always temporary.
x

Well done on making this decision, I know what you have been through with Cambridge I lost 10 stone with a similar vlcd called lipotrim I am sure many members have heard of it.

I was so happy with my new body and the energy I had but over 2 years or so it had all and ten some come back. When will we learn

Good luck for your journey please keep us updated ad you go

BigDave

Thanks Lynne and Dave, already finding out things and meeting so many lovely people. I had no one to talk to abot this and have kept it a secret so I am so happy to find an online community to help x x x

Back