• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm so nervous but seeing pics it's got to be worth it

Nezzy

I'm new to the site and I'm having my gastric bypass on the 14 June 09. I just can't imagine how I'll feel. Been on the liver shrinking diet for 6 days and lost 12lb friends ask well why don't you just carry on with the diet instead of surgery but I'm so hungry at times and bored of the same meals.:cry:I've been overweight all my life was on my 1st diet at the age of 3 and have just been so unhappy with my health for so long now.
Just hope this is everything I'm hoping for:wave_cry:

Hi nezzy
welcome to minis. you have found a fantastic site here. good luck on the rest of your liver shrinking diet if only yr friends could realise its just not that easy .
hope everything goes ok
hc

hi there i had a bypass on the 9th september 08 and its the best thing i've ever done like you i had been over weight all my life,and so unhappy since my bypass my whole life has changed for the better,hope your doing ok the diet will be over soon it'll all be worth it hang in there BIG HUGS SARAH X X X i was a little sore for2 weeks then i felt fine x

Last edited:
I'm new to the site and I'm having my gastric bypass on the 14 June 09. I just can't imagine how I'll feel. Been on the liver shrinking diet for 6 days and lost 12lb friends ask well why don't you just carry on with the diet instead of surgery but I'm so hungry at times and bored of the same meals.:cry:I've been overweight all my life was on my 1st diet at the age of 3 and have just been so unhappy with my health for so long now.
Just hope this is everything I'm hoping for:wave_cry:

Hi Nezzy welcome to minis, i am just round the corner from you in oldbury. Don't be nervous i had a bypass done on the 8th March and do not regret it, was the best thing i have ever done 6 stone lighter up to now. Where are you having it done?:welcome:

Yes I'm having it done at Walsall Manor and am told that I will be on fluids for 6 weeks, after reading on the internet some people only have to stay on fluids for a couple of weeks, why are they telling me its 6 weeks?

Hi Nezzy
welcome to Minis!

I had my bypass at Walsall on the 5th April this year. I have been today for post op check and ive lost 25kgs in 8 weeks!!!
I am amazed!!
You won't regret it im sure.............i know I haven't, good luck and keep us posted xx

AND

Hi Nezzy
It is normal to worry about the surgery hun its easier said than done sticking to a diet that's why we are going for surgery . You`ll be fine and you`ll be in good hands with the Doctors . Please keep us posted with your journey . Keep going on your pre op diet it will be worth it in the end and you`v done so well so far . I wish you all the luck in the world for you surgery and may you have a speedy recovery . Good luck and take care .
MARGARET XX

Yes I'm having it done at Walsall Manor and am told that I will be on fluids for 6 weeks, after reading on the internet some people only have to stay on fluids for a couple of weeks, why are they telling me its 6 weeks?

I was done at walsall manor 3.5 weeks ago and was told fluids for 4 weeks and then to start introducing purees over the next 4 weeks. Every surgeon is different and have their own guidelines. When you are admitted they will give you a bypass booklet to read and it will give you the stages in there.

Hi Nezzy
welcome to Minis!

I had my bypass at Walsall on the 5th April this year. I have been today for post op check and ive lost 25kgs in 8 weeks!!!
I am amazed!!
You won't regret it im sure.............i know I haven't, good luck and keep us posted xx

Thats fantastic news hun, you are doing really well.

Hi Snow
That is fantastic loosing 25kgs in 8 weeks . Keep up the good work hun.
Good luck and take care .
MARGARET XX

Thanks Margaret I can't belive it!!! Its amazing :D:D xx

Hi Nezzy, welcome to Minimins.

Theres lots of us at various stages from Walsall Manor. Look for the walsall massive thread where we all try to keep each other updated on our news.

Im having my bypass at WM in August.

Youve come to the right place. Theres plenty of people here to share your weight loss journey with.

Hello
All surgeons are different and seem to give out different advice, to be honest i dont think there's any right or wrong advice on this, but the reason you go onto a liquid stage followed by semi mush is to allow your body time to heal, the surgery involves lots of things being moved around inside and re joined up, to allow these joins to heal properly they need as little stress as possible, the fact you've been told a longer liquid and puree stage is in fact a good thing, as it allows you to heal up completely. Dont worry your appetite post op will subside dramatically and you wont feel very hungry at all, although the liquid and puree stage is dead boring its a means to an end and wont last for ever, its also an important stage so you'd be wise to follow your surgeons direction on this.
Good luck next week with your surgery and enjoy the journey your about to undertake, although you feel nervous and worried now its all good !

SS

Hi Nezzy and WELCOME to minis before i joined this forum i came on for a few months as i didn't have the courage to come on - oh god i wish i had done it sooner. I have gained lots of info for my bypass op (which is the same day as you at the Manor) and i feel confident knowing that i will get through this and be a success and should i fall and stumble over some things i know there will be someone on here who will be able to put in back facing the right direction.

Every surgeon is different but so is every patient and after being overweight for more that 20 years whats a few weeks on liquids/sloppies i just want to hear those words "Wake up Lesley it's all over"

Looking forward to meeting you a week on Sunday then - sending you hugs with fairy dust to keep the bordem of the milk diet at bay x

:D
Hi Nezzy and WELCOME to minis before i joined this forum i came on for a few months as i didn't have the courage to come on - oh god i wish i had done it sooner. I have gained lots of info for my bypass op (which is the same day as you at the Manor) and i feel confident knowing that i will get through this and be a success and should i fall and stumble over some things i know there will be someone on here who will be able to put in back facing the right direction.

Every surgeon is different but so is every patient and after being overweight for more that 20 years whats a few weeks on liquids/sloppies i just want to hear those words "Wake up Lesley it's all over"

Looking forward to meeting you a week on Sunday then - sending you hugs with fairy dust to keep the bordem of the milk diet at bay x

HI Topsy
hows the pre op diet going? Not long to go now for you :):) I had mine done on the Sunday and came home on the Tuesday morning so good luck! xx

Back