• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

When you feel it's all worth it....

markelsie

In the past probably due to my weight and self-esteem I've not been the one to "shout about ME" in anyway way...Well yesterday I saw my doc for the first time in 5 weeks to bring him up to speed following my op....I told him I was advised by my consultant surgeon that I had no need to carry on with my Type2 tabs etc,also had seen my blood pressure plummet to its lowest for a long time and to cap it all of in the 5 weeks pre-op//post op etc following the correct diets lost 38lbs for starters so for me all in all a "good day" and now I can look forward to purees on Monday....NOT A BRAG just me a Happy Bunny!!!! for once....

Mark:jelous:

Well done you!!!It's not a walk in the park the Op & pre & post dieting, but as you are proving..totally worth it!!

Congratulations!!!:)

good for you enjoy being a happy bunny x

Fab new on the pills and the blood pressure :)
and then to top it the weight loss , no wonder your feeling chuffed :) Congrats and gl in the future

and why shouldn't you be crowing??? you've taken the step to do something about your weight problem, as have all the others on here, and you should be rightly proud of your achievements, fantastic new re the diabetes and blood pressure too!! :clap: :happy096: :clap:

In the past probably due to my weight and self-esteem I've not been the one to "shout about ME" in anyway way...Well yesterday I saw my doc for the first time in 5 weeks to bring him up to speed following my op....I told him I was advised by my consultant surgeon that I had no need to carry on with my Type2 tabs etc,also had seen my blood pressure plummet to its lowest for a long time and to cap it all of in the 5 weeks pre-op//post op etc following the correct diets lost 38lbs for starters so for me all in all a "good day" and now I can look forward to purees on Monday....NOT A BRAG just me a Happy Bunny!!!! for once....

Mark:jelous:

38lbs in five weeks is a great result and you are right to be very proud of yourself Mark.

I have not taken any Type 2 meds since my operation and my blood pressure tablets went down from eight per day to just one. :eek: In fact I struggle to maintain my BP if I don't make sure I drink enough water.

The key here is sip sip sip and move move move. You are doing great so far.

i'm very lucky i guess, i'm at 28 1/2 stone and not diabetic, not even pre diabetic, altho my late mum had it (type 2), if i wasn't having surgery, i'd have it sooner rather than later, a ticking timebomb so to speak, but well done chaps!! proves the benefits of surgery outway the risks

Forget not blowing your own trumpet Mark! You've worked hard for what you have done. You've started paying your dues and the results are showing. SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS!!!!

Well done about the diabetes tabs, am hoping for the same results myself.

Well done Mark. This is hopefully what we are all working towards. A much healthier life without the risk of obesity related diseases.
You are well on your way and you should rightly feel really proud of yourself. It is not an easy decision to take the steps you have taken, but you will surely make it the right decision.

Love
Rosie xx

Congrats on the new healthier and slimmer you! I know how good it feels to toss those meds away - it is like winning the lotto!

Keep up your great work,
Nic:D

Way to go

I haven't got my date yet but if I'm half as successful as you've been in such a short time I'll be well pleased. Really pleased for you.:patback:

Lynda

Great news Mark you have every reason to be a 'happy bunny' You are doing wonderfully and have certainly boosted my hope for zapping the old type 2, etc., well done Mark and all the best for the rest of your journey

Jay xx

well done Mark, that's a great achievement:D:D

Great news, Mark! I am amazed at how much better I feel too after only two weeks. Enjoy your purees on Monday - well worth waiting for!

Lx

Congrats Mark!!! Hope to one day to be able to do a post like this! Enjoy the feeling

Back