• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

im so scared...

mermaid2708

new year...new me!x
i have just booked my induction into the local gym and pool...they had a cancellation so im going on wednesday at 6.30pm...:eek:...i thought there was a waiting list!!! i am really looking forward to it, but i am also scared that even though i know i am doing well and have lost weight, the people there will take one look at me and just think...fat cow. it all comes from the way i was treated in games lessons at school...always the last to be picked for a team or people sniggering behind my back. i know that was 20 odd years ago but its still a big thing to me. oh well, i'll let you know how i get on...

You will do great. I was the same when I joined Greens gym but when I go there, there were more old people than skinny young ones

Hi
I joined my gym last april (with my birthday money) I was 20stone 5 and was scared stiff. My hubby didnt even think I woudl do it. BUT I did I went joined went for my induction and well the rest is history. I am now 18 stone 8 which is not a massive weight loss but Hey its less and I love it
I go 5 times a week and love the me time xxx
well done you have done the hard bit xxx

I hate gym work outs find it really boring but greens have a pool and I like swimming when I loose some more weight Im gonna try a yoga class see what thats like

Gyms are full of people of all shapes and sizes and ages, everyone just wants to get on and do what they have to do. There are a few serious body pumbers but they are mostly men and are too busy looking at themselves to look at you chick. Be proud you made a decision to improve your health and once your there it will be fine...good luck....xx

good news, i have just found out that my gp had refered me as well as me inquiring myself and i am eligable for a discount!!! its a one off joining fee of £12 then £17 per month and i can go to gym and/or swimming as much as i want...so if i go 3 times a week it works out less than £2 a session...woop woop!!!

fantastic news!

Good for you mermaid, the key to successful weight lose longer term is diet / healthy eating and exercise, if the gym works for you then great, personally i dont like gyms and preffer to walk, cycle and swim rather than be a slave to the gym, maybe after a life time of innactivity i like to get out doors !

Probably the best annarobic exercise you can do is an hour of aerobics 3 or 4 times a week, thats if your brave enough to wear lycra :D

i have a gym attached to were i work, part of the corperation, however i am reluctant to join it as it would mean exercising in front of people who see me every day, and it would make them realise just how unfit i am. I love swimming but my nearest pool is 4 miles from me!!! plus i would need someone to go with me a time or two until i knew the layout as i am totally blind without my glasses on

thats a great deal on the gym membership Which gym is it

its just my local authority pool/gym...but has great facilities, the pool is quite old but the gym is only a year old. the special price is because my doctor refered me and so i qualify for a subsidised place through something i think is called healthy living wessex or something similar.

I have a gym at the top of my street that my doctors refere people to but they dont have a pool or I would do the same

mermaid,

I used that from my GP, it was called excercise your option back then. Good on ya, I need to get back the gym, I'm a member already but I'm building myself up to it by doing step-aerobics on the wii-fit!!!!!!!!!

Back