• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm soooo impatient!!

Jezabelle

Quitting is NOT an option
It's 18 days today that my doctor sent my referral off to Heartlands Hospital. I've been phoning the hospital every few days to see if they have received it to no avail so last week I got my gp's secretary to fax it over to them and it's still not listed as being received on my hospital records.

I gave them another tinkle today as i'd not called since last Wednesday and it's still not showing on the screen. The person I spoke to seemed to know more than all the others and said that they go straight over to the Diabetic clinic as that is where the wls clinic is located. I phoned them and was told it was only for Mr Super and she then gave me Mr Richardsons secretary phone number (she works out of the Solihull Hospital) and also asked if i'd like to be put through. Found out she was on holiday last week and is off sick today and told to call back tomorrow or later in the week. :cry:

Ohhh please I just want to know that it's been received so I can just relax and wait for the appointment :cry:

I have also found out today that I belong to Solihull PCT but can't find the guide lines on the bospa web site so have asked for someone to call me back before 5pm today or tomorrow morning.

How impatient am I??? :rolleyes:

The one thing you learn during this process is to be patient - it will drive you mad otherwise - you will get there but you have to deal with the NHS and their workings which can be slow!

By the time I get my op next month I will have be waiting a year from first seeing my GP;);)I am usually v impatient but this process is not usually the quickest hun:D

most nhs wls is very slow, hang in there they will process your details soon hopefully, they probably just have a back log of forms to sort through x

:) hi jezabelle, i know exactly what you mean, i am very impatient aswell.I always think a little phone call can never go a miss. It is the waiting that kills me, and not knowing what the next stage is.
When i was waiting for funding i didn't want to phone the PCT and upset anyone for them to say "no" - silly i know lol :D
I know people can wait years for the wheels to turn but i have been unbelievably lucky as the whole process from GP referral to op (which fingers crossed is 15th July 09) has been 18 weeks. I hope you hear really soon :D keep us upto date!!

Thank you all for your replies :)

I know I could be waiting a year or so for the actual opp but just wish to hear those words "yes we have received your referral" then I can relax. Just worried in case it's got lost in the post and the fax got thrown in the bin... :eek:

I'll phone again tomorrow probably or leave it until Wednesday as I know she will have a heap of post to shift through as she has been on holiday or it could be in the MR Richardson tray waiting for him to read it (this is what I was told by another secretary).

I'll just have to stay calm and play the waiting game. :cool:

Hope you hear something soon :)

Jezabelle, how do you know who to call to find out if your referral has been received? I am wondering if mine made it to the hospital yet.

Hiya, Did you find out who your surgeon will be from your doctors secretary? There are several numbers I have been phoning but most are no good if you are with the same surgeon as me? Let me know and I will see if I can help. :)

Jezabelle, how do you know who to call to find out if your referral has been received? I am wondering if mine made it to the hospital yet.

Back