• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

4 days post op

lg2012

Hi all

Had my op on Tuesday gastric sleeve I was in so much pain but miles better now than when I was when I woke up. ;) I just wondered the hole where the stomach came out is bruising and is the only one causing me pain I just wondered how long roughly this lasted for people?

Hope everyone is doing well.
Thanks

Hi
My gastric sleeve was done Monday. Unlike you little if any pain. All my incisions are bruising nicely, itchy and I am fighting the urge to scratch. The biggest bruise I have is on my right wrist?
Would love to help but only one day in front of you :)
How you doing with fluids? I am struggling think its all in my head lol

That will be your cannula Angela. I still have those bruises 6 months post op. as for pain keep taking liquid paracetamol every 4 hours. My wounds didn't hurt as such but I ached inside. Good luck with your journeys ladies, I love my sleeve :)

Aww ok good stuff yeah it's more like achey. Shall I take soluble paracetamol as tried doin a tablet last night n got stuck so gave up lol xxx

Oh yes you shouldn't be swallowing tablets yet.

Yeah that's what I thought ...only taking omeleazole what the hosp gave me but there small. Ok well thank u very much for the help. X

Didn't they give you ones that dissolve on your tongue?

I got loads of meds to bring home. A massive box of soluble paracetamol yuk...injections are the worst :(
Trying to drink plenty sip sip sip Lol
Looking forward to being able to have mushy savoury food :) all these fluids are too sweet!
How long does it take for the wounds to heal?

Nope no dissolvable ones brut gave me ones but they small was taking them in hospital as well as well as sleeping pills xx

Back