• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

impatientness

pollybree

I cant wait for my semiar to get the ball rolling!! Its on 26th Feb, its only been 4 weeks since I was refered and I am going crazy already, I just want life back, anyone else out there feeling the same? :sigh:

They said it would be 18 weeks from referal at Darlington, I know this is not as long as most of the people on here but I am still going mad!! I need to get a grip!!

Mailbox%2BWaiting.jpg

It is such a long wait and having to jump through all the hoops on the nhs
But the time does go by and we are all here to help and support I was about 22 months waiting for my band first off and to change to a bypass after band was removed was about 18 months

Just to be controversial, but not intentionally...

At least you are getting it for free.

I have paid £8000 so far for my band plus complications and I'm paying £12,000 for my bypass in May, my elected and convenient date.

£20,000 or up to a couple of years wait on the NHS.

I'll move off the soapbox, for others to step on ( or me :D )

Took me 12 months from referral to op date, but at the time did think they were taking their time.....but now i've had the op, best thing i ever did :-D

Hang in there x

I have paid £8000 so far for my band plus complications and I'm paying £12,000 for my bypass in May, my elected and convenient date.

Can I ask why you are having revision to bypass? If the failure of the band is the provider's fault can you get any sort of recompense? :confused: Are you using the same provider for the next surgery?

I never really moaned as I felt ready for my treatment when it came around have talked to some who were not fully ready when they went private least nhs gives you time

Yes, I'm happy to wait and the time has been invaluable really in terms of researching and preparing myself for the total lifestyle change ahead :) I very nearly went private for a band last year in May and then decided against it. I'm glad things have turned out the way they have now ;) There is no way I would've been this prepared nine months ago!

I didn't mind my 2 year wait really, gave me time to get my head around it all and be ready.

Samsara, I'm having a revision as I have had constant problems with my port. It has driven me literally round the bend. 2 months of agony last summer, second procedure to free it from my tummy either due to metal allergy or nerve issues. Cannot have it stitched in due to potential further issues. As I have lost more weight it moves even more and I have just about given up going to bed at night.

It's not anyone's fault, mine or my provider, just one of those things. Sometimes in life these things just happen and no-one is to blame.

Definetly having same surgeon, he's fab :eek:. Couldn't have been more supportive and medically skilled to act when I've needed out of hours help and very short notice surgery.

I agree that you get more thinking time on the NHS, I've always had a gap between decision and action, I am stupidly indecisive and need to make sure that I am right. One provider that seems to get you in quick would scare me witless. A sensible thinking time preferably with counselling can't be a bad thing. My food issues start with my head.

Samsara, I'm having a revision as I have had constant problems with my port. It has driven me literally round the bend. 2 months of agony last summer, second procedure to free it from my tummy either due to metal allergy or nerve issues. Cannot have it stitched in due to potential further issues. As I have lost more weight it moves even more and I have just about given up going to bed at night.

It's not anyone's fault, mine or my provider, just one of those things. Sometimes in life these things just happen and no-one is to blame.

Definetly having same surgeon, he's fab :eek:. Couldn't have been more supportive and medically skilled to act when I've needed out of hours help and very short notice surgery.

I agree that you get more thinking time on the NHS, I've always had a gap between decision and action, I am stupidly indecisive and need to make sure that I am right. One provider that seems to get you in quick would scare me witless. A sensible thinking time preferably with counselling can't be a bad thing. My food issues start with my head.

Oh I see. Sorry to hear you've had so much trouble with your band :( Sounds like a bloomin' nightmare.

Yes, I've had plenty of thinking and prep time and CBT alongside. I think I'm as ready as I'll ever be!

I hope the revision to bypass gives you a smoother ride and thanks for sharing :) x

My wait was very brief, referred Aug 12 Op Jan 13 thankfully! The way I am I would have bottled it if it had taken any length of time. I have no regrets yet but it is early days one month yesterday :)

It must be hard to wait a long time :(

Yes I am grateful its just that patience is not one of my strong points! You have had such a rough journey, I am thinking about asking for a sleeve now! I Hope you get sorted in the end x

Back