• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Increased restriction

NT1977

Following my band fill on monday I have more restriction, last night some fish pie got stuck (think I was eating too quickly :rolleyes:) and I also seem to be burping a lot - is this normal?

Nx

Yes its normal - thats what having a fill is supposed to do in terms of restriction. Also, when the restriction eases, you will return to eating more quickly, chewing less and then its a bit of a shock to the system when you have more restriction.

It really is just a case of slowing it down, chewing well and playing it by ear to see what foods you can or cannot tolerate, this can change post fill and ease off, so something that you cannot eat now, may not necessarily be the case in 2-3 weeks time for example.

Take it easy, slow it down, but yes, entirely normal. People find restriction at different times, some have less fills and reach it earlier, some (me included here) have considerable fills and still do not feel the restriction.

Its very individual, so listen to your body, and take it how it is for you - you will get to learn the patterns and how your body works, you become more aware of eating, how you eat which in turn can also help with the what you eat and its at these times, that you're then able to make positive choices :)

yes its normal the burps usually wear off , but for me they can be a sign I need to purge a blockage, fish was a difficult one for me to tolerate, def eat more slowly buy a toddler fork set can be great a getting you used to smaller mouthfuls , also be carefull if your fishpies have sauce in my dietician would incourge have as much as poss without sauce it helps things slide and are usually empty calories

Good to know it's normal, it was my first fill two days ago which is why i was on mushy. back to normal foods today and so far so good

Hi Nina, I had my fills on Wednesday and yes I do burb a lot but I don't yet have restriction. But I am trying to be careful with how and what I eat. One more question, how long did stay on your mushy diet.

only a day, 1 day on liquids, 1 day on mushy then back to normal x

Back