• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Inferior Infarct of undetermined age - help!!!

Jamast

Been for my ECG this morning, ready to take it with me tomorrow. It says; Inferior Infarct of undetermined age.
Now I know what this potentially means (a possible heart attack sometime in the past - although I have never had any symptoms or felt ill). Something like 50% of such readings are apparently false positives anyway.

However, my question is; just supposing that this is a real positive and not a false one - what are the chances of this affecting my getting the op?

That would be a 'nobody knows' question then lol.

Hi jamast, as it was a long time ago, i am guessing if wont have any impact on your surgery, as long as you are healthy, and there is no heart attack risk now. I would imagine it was a shock to find out that you had a small heart attack previously, but take it as a warning to get yourself fit and keep yourself fit. My father had an unknown small heart attack years ago, then a big one earlier this year. If we had known about the small one, we could have prevented the big one with medications etc, and he would still be here now.

All the best for your surgery. x

Jamast said:
Been for my ECG this morning, ready to take it with me tomorrow. It says; Inferior Infarct of undetermined age.
Now I know what this potentially means (a possible heart attack sometime in the past - although I have never had any symptoms or felt ill). Something like 50% of such readings are apparently false positives anyway.

However, my question is; just supposing that this is a real positive and not a false one - what are the chances of this affecting my getting the op?

Hey there. Don't always go with what the ECG says at the top. I am an A&E nurse and this is not always correct. If there are changes on the ECG that need investigating then your provider will do some bloods etc. It will depend on your anaesthetist and consultant if they are still happy to do it. If there is any chance of any risk to you, then they wouldn't go ahead. Don't panic, and see what they say. Hope that helps. Paul :)

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Thank You both for your replies. I will be leaving in about an hour or so to meet the team, so I do feel a little more at ease now I've read your comments. I will see what the surgeon and anaesthesist have to say on the matter.
Thank You again x

Jamast said:
Thank You both for your replies. I will be leaving in about an hour or so to meet the team, so I do feel a little more at ease now I've read your comments. I will see what the surgeon and anaesthesist have to say on the matter.
Thank You again x

Good luck and keep us all posted :)

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Fantastic news - both the surgeon and the anaesthetist say it's not 'real'. And even if it was, it's not going to make any difference. I have another 3kg to lose and then I go on the list - yaaahhhhhh. xxx

Fantastic news - both the surgeon and the anaesthetist say it's not 'real'. And even if it was, it's not going to make any difference. I have another 3kg to lose and then I go on the list - yaaahhhhhh. xxx
fantastic news! congratulations :) x

Jamast said:

Congrats! See don't always listen to machines! Good luck with ur journey! :)

Back