• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Injecting myself.....WHAT?

Tamgredan

wanna be happy!
When i was at my consultation, i was told that i would have to inject myself to thin the blood.

I didnt ask how long for and how often i have to do this.

Im not worried by it, but i have never heard of this before and i thought i was well researched over having a band???

:eek:

I had to inject myself for about 2 weeks I think. But it may of been longer. Its because as obese people we are more prone to getting a blood clot post-op. It isn't a big deal once you've done it once or twice. However it could save your life.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

i had to do it for a week, but the needle is so tiny and thin, you dont even f eel it at all, so dont worry, youll be fine.

It's nowt Hun I wouldn't worry about it, I've just started a new treatment which means injecting myself every day, you get used to it and the needle is sooo small, u don't hardly feel it xxx

I am curious as to why a bander has too do this ( I didnt) the only reason I asked is because e1 who replied (previous to my post) is a bypassee and not banded......Hope no one minds me saying so as I never heard of a bander having too use blood thinner.....Maybe someone can shed some light on the info...- ty in advance xx

Hey! I had to inject for a month - it wasn't as bad as I first thought as the needles were tiny - the main prob was remembering to do it :) - well worth it though if it helps with the healing process! xx

suppose theres the risk of blood clots which ever operation you have julie - or ones that require cutting you and an aneasthetic anyways - dunno tho, im just presuming!

I'm a bypasser & only had to do it for 5 days,as previously said,you don't even feel it,so it's nothing to worry about.
Tracy x

suppose theres the risk of blood clots which ever operation you have julie - or ones that require cutting you and an aneasthetic anyways - dunno tho, im just presuming!

Yes I know thet Keeley hun, I had one given whilst I was waiting to go down for op, but not before that and not afterwards.....I just wondered why the person in question has too self inject ( which suggests too me either they are required to do it some time before/after op) being a bander thats all. As I stated in my previous post on here I never heard of any bander mentioning this on any posts before....Yes a bypasser and sleever but no a bander...........The mind boggles lol

Thanks all,

I will ring the provider to double check. Yes it baffled me as this was the first time i had heard of a bander requiring injections.

i would assume that any surgery would require the injections, maybe its just that the banders havent mentioned it on here, ive had 4 previous major surgeries and have had them with each one, so i dont think it matters what its for.

Yes I know thet Keeley hun, I had one given whilst I was waiting to go down for op, but not before that and not afterwards.....I just wondered why the person in question has too self inject ( which suggests too me either they are required to do it some time before/after op) being a bander thats all. As I stated in my previous post on here I never heard of any bander mentioning this on any posts before....Yes a bypasser and sleever but no a bander...........The mind boggles lol

Julie I had one the day before my op and for 14 days after. It would have been 28 days if I had had the bypass. Guess it is down to the hospital.

tranquil x

Yes I had to inject to, it depends on the surgeon / company you go with but banders with the one I used need the injection x

I had a band and had to inject myself for 10 days post op wasn't that bad,well i didn't really do in myself the other half had that pleasure.

I had a band and had to inject myself for 10 days post op wasn't that bad,well i didn't really do in myself the other half had that pleasure.

That was a bit mean of her! :rotflmao:

Back