• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Injecting yourself???

I was terrified never ever had an op or been in hospital. The injections were so easy honestly. I managed it & painlessly too. My family were amazed. Good luck.

I've not injected myself but done plenty sub cut injections at work so hopefully I won't struggle too much with this. I suppose it's always different when you have to do it on yourself but glad to hear the needle is small lol x

You know I knew that the numb patch on my tummy after my hysterectomy would come in useful for something!!!!

I injected in the overhang bit in my belly and didn't feel a thing :) I hate needles too x

Dont forget to hold the syringe needle pointing up and and tap it to remove any air trapped before injecting as you don't want to inject any air.

Also as said just pinch a bit of fat and push the needle all the way in.

Paul

I stretch my skin out then push the needle slowly in. I take it in turns as to which side I do so I don't make one area too sore

Fading Grace said:
Careful here, hun make sure the needle goes into your actual belly flesh or the medicine just only reaches your fat skin and won't be doing you any good.

Oh....... :( I thought I was doing so well.. X

I never had any pain. Bruises or bleeding while injecting myself. U can also inject in upper arms and thighs too. I think around the bellybutton i had no feelings because of the anaesthesia. So dont worry its a tiny needle.

i was given 2 weeks worth,i injected them into the side of my belly,found it hurt less,although it did always sting once id taken it out..still got the bruises and i finished these 1 weeks ago xx

well the first one i did really stung after id taken it out. Twink gave me the advice of pinching the skin for a bit before inserting the needle, then keep pinching for a while after you take it out, and that worked great, a little stinging but nowhere near as much xxx

Caren said:
well the first one i did really stung after id taken it out. Twink gave me the advice of pinching the skin for a bit before inserting the needle, then keep pinching for a while after you take it out, and that worked great, a little stinging but nowhere near as much xxx

I had to pinch my skin while doing the injection and ensure it goes it at exactly 90 degrees. The nurse showed me on an tangerine. And then I had to do it after.

She also said don't rub it after as it makes bruising worse.

I found doing it around the level of my tummy button hurt less than lower.

Back