• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

restriction gone after surgery

miserable

Happy Saturday all,
Just a quick question if I may. I read lots of people r relying on will power until their first fill. Like the feeling of restriction diseapers after couple of week after surgery.. so my question is how long after surgery did u feel u had no restriction? And did u feel u could eat just as much before surgery? Does it make sense?

Early post op there is a certain amount of swelling which adds to your restriction. The band on its own restricts too but as you lose weight and fat from around the stomach that gets less too. Thats where the fills come into play.

I had my first fill at around 3 months post op, at no stage have I been able to eat anywhere near what I could pre op x

Hey Mis, I'm in the process of getting to my 'sweet spot' and it s very tricky thing to assess (IMHO). A lot of it is in your own mind too in terms of what you expect it to feel like. I have 5ml in a 14ml band now. I've got there in 4 fills as my provider says slower is better to avoid a too tight band and all the problems that comes with that but you have to be guided by them really. But I'm feeling a little down today because I can definitely feel the restriction but I can still eat a large volume of food....and not just slider foods either.
I've read this week too that a band enables you to diet more effectively rather than it totally stopping you eating naughty foods which is right. It won't stop you eating c***. Its meant to make you feel fuller for longer on less food but I have to say that its not a simple thing for some. Certainly not for me anyway. At first I was quite frightened of it- getting something stuck terrified me so I was very careful and I lost loads but as time has gone on I have relaxed (thankfully) and so have my food choices and quantities and over the past month I've lost very little. You must keep going for your aftercare appointments because they help a lot and just keep getting your fills because it can take some time to get there. My nurse said to me last time ' think Xmas 2012 not 2011!!' Good advice. It isn't fast- its consistent. :)
Sorry for burbling on :) xx

No it is helpful. I couldn't make my 1st fill appointment as it is during working hours and don't have any holidays left until Xmas. So now they don't have any appointment until Jan. But I am fine with it, at the moment still have restriction so everything goes down fine but small quantity and loosing every week so very happy. I guess January is only round the corner plus ll have a nice Xmas lunch with family who don't know about my surgery

Back