• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Insomnia

nicola1723

Hi all

I'm 3 weeks out now and suffering badly with insomnia. Falling asleep about 11 but awake again around 2am. Anyone else? X

Oh poor you, luckily I do not suffer from this but I know what it's like cause I've had it before. Hope it passes soon.

I'm suffering at the moment. I fall asleep just after midnight and wake up about 4. I'm going crazy now!!

I've been suffering for years. Melatonin helps sometimes as does Advil PM. My doctor has me on Ambien now; it doesn't make you drowsy the next day. I only take it for 2-3 days at a time to get my body back on a schedule. I've had about a month now of good sleep where before I was falling asleep at 3 and waking at 6 when the alarm goes off :(

Thank you for those tips xx

I go through spates where I sleep well and then nights where I don't sleep at all. Get a soduko book after an hour or so the brain and eyes go and you reqady for sleep gain xx

Me too Nicola. No problem falling asleep but morning after morning I'm awake 3.30 and no matter what I do or don't do for that matter I can not go back to sleep. It's driving me batty.

I have been insomniac on and off for years. My issue is falling asleep - once asleep I can sleep for Britain, but it can be 3, 4, 5am before I doze off.
I've tried most things, gave up caffeine for 18 months, doused myself in lavender... Not much works outside prescription meds for me. A hot water bottle and a hot milky drink can help a wee bit on a good night.

I have read that peppermint tea is suppose to help insomnia and it's also gentle on wls tummies??

I have always had trouble sleeping so much so that I now have a good selection of audio books
I listen to them for hours...I know when I am not going to get any sleep I just feel so wide awake

Right now Im desperate to go to sleep, but very often I sleep for about 40 mins then wake up as though I have been asleep all night

I just give in and listen to my stories :/

Back