• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Interesting chat with Dietician this week

MrsPill

Had an interesting chat with my dietician this week where he told me that some research had been done analysing couples where one is fat and one is thinner and he said that they've found that the thinner partner unconsciously likes to keep the fatter partner fatter because then that helps in stopping that partner going off and finding another partner. He actually asked about my first husband and whether he was thin or not and I told him he was and my dietician just smiled and said "Think about it"
So I did think about it a bit.....
and I think he's right! I'm not saying its true for everyone but certainly for me, I think my first husband didn't mind me being a little fatter because he had a stammer and it helped that I was less attractive to other men! Didn't stop him having an affair though did it!!! But I guess that might have been to do with him being amazed that some thin girl found him irresistable!! Silly man!!
My current OH is a bit podgy too so he forgives my 'curves' BUT he truly wants me to lose weight and has been a HUGE support for me with this band malarkey. He himself is at Scottish Slimmers and has lost 2 stone since we started all this last July.
Its a funny old life sometimes isn't it.

Just thought I'd share. :)

Thanks for sharing .. my oh is a few stone bigger than me but always liked me to be big untill he saw how unhappy I am and how poorly I get then he stopped and started to try support me, I've always tried to help him lose weight but he sabotages himself Xx

Well, hopefully he won't sabotage his efforts when he sees you losing :) Just think how great it'd be- two skinny-minnies running down the road! xx

Back