• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Partner troubles

Awwww Nicnac he doesn't deserve you hun. I will forgive lots but my OH knows that the moment he starts to stray off the path he's a goner. Once the trust is gone its gone for good & without trust there is no relationship worth the fight for. Sorry that's just my view on things. You may be stronger than I am on this and be able to work things out with your OH but I will agree with everyone else ..he's an (_o_)

you are woman hear you roar!....keep strong and believe in yourself above all else, easier said than done but this is a poop poor thing he has done xx

Think I'm quite relieved I dont have a partner cus I dont think I could've taken pressure from someone else telling me what to do or trying to influence me. I was so unsure and wobbly; almost didnt go through with my op because of a few things my daughter said. We talked a lot and she began to understand that I was doing this for me and not for anyone else. Think people get so used to mums/partners doing things for others and it suddenly seems selfish of them to focus on themselves for once.

Lucie was very worried about the changes in family dynamics and how that would affect her. We've always been a family who celebrate EVERYTHING by going out for dinner and having a lovely time. She thought this would change and didnt want it to.

I guess since my op thing have changed but not drastically. We havent been to TGI's lately but Im sure I can find something that isnt smothered in Jack Daniels stickiness when we do :)

Last edited:
Talking of partner troubles and sorry to but in but since my op 9 weeks ago I have found out that the OH has been texting a girl it started a few weeks after my op :( some of my friends reckon because feeling threatened now I'm losing weight! I just think he is an arsehole :(

What a turd, you can do better, I am getting sick myself of the constant questioning and distrust, its been 11 years together and its like I dont know this other side of him at all. :(

My boyfriend was total against me having my bypass. The day of my op he came with me but I know he really didnt want to be there. I had lost 5 stones pre op and he was really proud of me. He admitted that he was scared that I woukdnt wake from the operation. Hes also admitted that he thought as I lose weight I will gain confidence and then go off with someone else.

I have now lost 7st 4lb he admits that I look well but he sees the weight loss post op as 'cheating' because its easier. The truth is yes it's easier post op but you still
have to put the work in. Recently I have had a few problems with my stomach and he is really quick to blame my bypass. Yes it is related to the bypass and despite being constantly uncomfortable I would do it again tomorrow.

Sorry for waffeling I'll get to the point.
My boyfriend is the love of my life and he didn't want me to have it done. He still isn't happy that I went ahead with it. Sometimes you have to do things for YOU its your life and you only get one shot at it.

I looked at it this way I was given a once in a lifetime opportunity and I had to grab it with both hands. I am always thinking of others and thinking how my decisions may affect others. I hated seeing him upset but it was my time for a change. I could have turned down this opportunity to keep him happy but then I would have resented him for what I could have been/had and it would have split us up in the end anyway.

Good luck and remember this is your chance of happiness and no relationship is guaranteed to last. What ever will be will be xx

I agree with Happy Days. If he loved you then, he will love you now, but I get that he is feeling a little scared of the new you and that he will be left behind. Just be strong. Don't let him emotionally sabortage you, love him and reassure him, but at the end of the day it is his problem.

I have the same issue with my sister. She is a bit chunky but nothing like me and she is trying to emotionally sabotarge my future. I am on my own with no children and an old mother. My sister has the kids and husband. She has always wanted me to fit in with her life, and look after mum, not that I have a problem with this, I love my mum, but my sister says what will happen to mum if I suddenly get a social life???
I think her issue is that when I do loose my weight, she will not have me as a person to put down. She will be the fatest and I think she will be insecure with this. But hey, my life, my future.

What a turd, you can do better, I am getting sick myself of the constant questioning and distrust, its been 11 years together and its like I dont know this other side of him at all. :(

I need to finish it with him but it's so hard! :cry:

He needs a kick in his goolies.

My husband is being difficult at the moment, my whole life is changing if he isn't with me then he's going to be left behind, I'm not carrying any spare baggage.

Back