• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Intro

riojapoke

Hi everybody

I actually posted yesterday for the first time, but I'm not good at this kind of thing and think I must have done something wrong, because it didn't show up.

Anyhow, I'm starting on what I hope is going to be a life changer for me, I've been offered a gastric bypass by the NHS. I've been struggling with my weight for a lot of years now, I grew up as a skinny kid and was around 20yrs old before I started to gain a few pounds, my life style changed slowly, little or no sport after being sporty all my life and a job change meant no physical work anymore.

I now struggle walking, am embarrassed about my appearance, seem to be depressed all the time and generally ashamed of myself, I hide away from people I knew before coming fat, because I don't want them to see what became of me.

But enough of that because here we going! This year my life is going to start to return to something like it was.

The NHS are will perform a gastric bypass on me some time around September but if I get lucky with dates, possibly the end of August. I cannot tell you how desperate I am for that day to come.

I am starting a test run today of the milk and yogurt diet, as they've asked me to do so, I think it may be because I have type2 diabetes? Or is it something everybody does?

I hope to post regularly, to keep a record of my progress for myself and hopefully give a little insight of how it all goes for others.

I would love to hear from anybody that can offer constructive advice and encouragement please, as I hope to do the same for others.

Wish me luck!
I'll be back soon.

Hello Riojapoke
I think I replied yesterday but just in case I didnt.....hello again !

Hello and welcome!

I'm a newbie too so can't help with your questions I'm afraid, but I really relate to what you say about avoiding people you haven't seen since before you put on weight. I know that the people I'm meeting don't care about/notice the extra weight and even if they did, I know it doesn't matter, but it's hard to remind myself of this!

Anyway, hope you will soon be living your best life with confidence and happiness :) Keep us updated and good luck

Meg x

Hi and welcome. I wish you the best of luck on your journey. I had a bypass 10 weeks ago and I feel great. Your op will be here before you know it :)

Back