• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New and overwelmed!

Good luck & ask loads of questions. In fact I wrote mine down & took them with me in case I forgot.
I wanted a band originally but didn't know about all the other options except a bypass. I was very frightened of having major life changing surgery too.
I was very upset & emotional after my first session as surgeon said a band wasn't right for me. Anyway he discussed my opions & why they would be right for me. He asked me to think about everything & we would have further appointments to discuss.
I did my own research & reading around the subject & finally decided on a sleeve. I went NHS & from start to finish it took me 1 year.
I am 4 months post surgery & just over 6 1/2 stones lighter. I made the right decision for me. Hope you get what you need & want.

Hello all!

Sorry for never keeping you updated after all of your great advice, rude of me. So i had many people in the bariatic surgery field say to me the band would be best as it's the most well known and researched, i'm young, no other major helath issues and not had children yet. Cutting a healthy organ up would be drastic and if anything went wrong, not worth the saving in time and costs involved with band fills. I did a lot of research to find the best/longest aftercare package and realised fills/defills will be a lifelong cost (pregnancy/longhaul travel) but worth the benefits to my health. Getting a loan then proved problematic due to my age and newly employed status but got there eventually. I went with the WLS Group and had my gastric band fitted this morning yay!!! So excited i cant sleep now hehe. Thanks for the advice, it was really helpful and much appreciated x

Good luck...hope you are feeling ok :)

Back