• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Inverted Port

Yaranak

hello banders!

It's been one month and 4 days since my lap band surgery (which I did in another country), so it was time to go in for a fill. I located a really good doctor who's been filling for a family friend. Anyway, long story short, the needle kept hitting metal when the doctor tried to get the fill in. Doctor says it's inverted and it probably needs a revision to get it placed properly.

We're going to try to get it filled under x-ray before going in for surgery. Has anyone experienced this so early on? And what are some things I can do to prevent it?

I may have a similar problem..last fill it took about 8 attempts to fill and the experienced nurse said she hit metal and thinks the port has flipped on its side..I go again tomorrow and will know then..If so she says I may need to have it revised which sadly means more surgery..such a shame as my scars have healed so well and Im doing Ok..slow but sure :)
I will let you know what happens tomorrow xxx

Thank you! I hope it just flips back on its own, I'm a real wuss when it comes to going under the knife.

Hello there,

This happened to me when I went for my first fill ( had my surgery in the uk) I went back 6 weeks later and had it done under local , and it was stitched into place and had fill at same time ( 3 mils) and no more problems with port since. , wishing you all the best. BD x.

Back