• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lap band first fill - why me???

Nicoli12

I went for my first fill today at 10 am. I REALLY hate needles, fine kept talking and looked somewhere else. First needle, couldn't find my valve, tried again different place with another needle - nope can't find it. Tried again in another place with another needle - nope still cannot find it. She went and found the surgeon (who is heavy handed) tried, nope he couldn't find it, tried again in another area, still coupdn't find it!! By this time I was really sore. So I then had to go to x-ray with the nurse to see what has happened, the surgeon said it may have flipped over. X-ray cannot see me today so I have to go back again tomorrow at 10 am with the nurse to see what has happened. If they cannot get to it then I may have to have an op again to correct it :cry: :sigh: :cry: :sigh: :cry:

Nicky

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Poor you! I hope it hasnt flipped and they can find it ok with an xray - nasty needles x

SCOOBYDOOBYDOO

Oh no, thats awful.
Although I have heard of problems with the port flipping before. Hope you're not too sore and that it is easy to sort out x

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
port flips are the most common fault with banding, its a day case op to correct this try not to worry to much as its easily fixed x

BandyEmm

I have everything crossed for you hun xx

Red 42

novice bypasser
sorry to hear your news Nicky...it's happened to me twice and I'm having my next op on Friday to try and sort things out. I can feel my port and the tubing that leads away from it across the top of my tummy..the port is very prominent.

Hopefully with yours they may just need to do an xray to find it as sometimes they can be hidden quite deep.

fingers crossed for you xx