• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is feeling fed up

BlueDiamond

Hi all

most of u know that I been approved for band and just awaiting a date, but I dont know what is transpiring with my body atm , I been eating healthily and trying to keep my weight stable or lose a few pounds as at the last weigh in I had gained 4lbs since my last visit , which I admit was 4 months ago and 4lbs in 4 months isnt bad in the grand scheme of things and the nurse or surgeon didnt mention anything about this weight gain, other then telling I had gained but didnt sort of say you keep gaining and we wont operate (if u catch me drift) but I want to be able to keep weight gain to a minimum and do you think I can NO :cry: I been walking as far as my arthritic legs will carry me and I been eating 3 meals and day and 2 snacks in between (some peanuts/carrots/crabsticks etc ,not all of em at once ) I been drinking plenty of fluids , and I just cannot seem to lose any weight at all ............ :cry:.

Part of me feels well I am gonna get the band anyway so why bother if all its doing is making me miserable, and the other part of me feels keep at it and the results will show for themselves...but I have had so many years of dieting and just cannot seem to lose much, Last week I lost 5lbs and then when I weighed myself on weigh in day I had gained it back ...:eek: god knows how I did this ! I have had all bloods done and all is ok , so I cannot fathom why weight is up & down all the time. If I can give you an idea of what I ate yesterday and maybe some one will point out where I might be going wrong.

For brekkie I had a breakfast bar cranberry and yogurt, for lunch was chicken salad, and for dinner was tuna salad, for snacks was crab sticks (5) and other snack was peanuts ( about 4 handfuls) I drank plenty of fluids.

Guess I am worried that if I am struggling now to lose the weight how am I going to be when I get the band :confused:.

Sorry for ranting but its been getting me down for a while coz tbh I am sick to death of dieting and getting nowhere:break_diet:

Thanks in advance for reading - MeJulie

please dont give up we all do have good days and bad days, am having a bad day today, now come here and have a big hugggggg from mamabear :grouphugg: ur doing just fine,

Hiya Julie your meals sound ok to me, whats your portion sizes like? are you usuing salad dressings or mayo? as these can bulk up the calorie consumption, apart from that i dont know why the weight wont move for you.. fingers crossed the waits not to long for ya op.

From what you wrote it seems you're having a nice balanced diet, make sure you don't have dressings on the salads..sometimes they are pretty bad calorie wise.
Keep your chin up, Losing weight with a band is very random anyway from my experience. You will lose a bit initially then maybe gain a tiny bit as you come off sloppies after the op and start eating normal food again...then there's waiting for the right restriction which very rarely hits anyone in the first fill or two.
BUT......you will eat less overall and you will definatly lose ...and if you stick to the eating guidelines and don't cheat with high calorie slider foods, then the weight that does come off won't be back this time.
Don't feel bad! Just eat as healthy as you can and see how you go after the band is in. There is no time limit on the weight loss x

No dressings on the salads at all. just str8 out the fridge and onto the plate, but I admit I do have some coleslaw and some potatoe salad not much one one tablespoon each, and I normally have tuna,chicken, prawns or crabstick salad......as for the portion sizes, I just eat a normal size dinner plate, not piled up and up or anything..... but does cover the whole plate of lettuce, carrots, cucumber, onion,tomato, coleslaw, potato salad, and wot ever fish I use......and some salt . dont add nothing else to it.

Thanks for your replies xxx - Julie x x

Your diet looks great to me Julie, and 4lb in 4 months is nothing. I gained approx a stone and a half in the 8 months that I waited for WLS. I got myself into the mentality of "eat it all now before its too late" which was daft really, because now, post surgery I can still eat what I want but in smaller quanitities.

Its so difficult trying to "be good" while we wait for the surgery, and you've done so well losing what you have so far. Please try not to beat yourself up. Youve done great!

Hang on in there Julie. Tomorrow you may have lost 5lb again. Its an uphill struggle even with the band and water retention is a real pain in the you know what for giving the scales a boost lol. You will get there just don't be so hard on yourself sweetheart xxxx

Nuts are extremly high in calories and fat. i'm guessing that you packed in a huge amount of calories with four handfuls (100g contains about 600 calories). if the nuts were a one off and you do not consume that quantity of hidden calories on a daily basis, your diet sounds very healthy indeed.

Dont worry, i put on 11 pounds in between being given my op date and pre-op diet (because i kept having 'last meals' with family and friends). Looking back, I totally agree with Sambuca, it was a silly thing to do - now that i'm banded i'm literally able to enjoy absolutly anything and everything, but in much smaller quantities...

If the nuts are salted, do not have them look around at seeds or unsalted mixed nuts, 4 handfulls of nuts is far to much in one go. Do you eat pasta or rice or vegetables as they are more filling and you might be able to cut out the snacks.

Back