• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is it lunch time yet?

Just popping up on the side lines to have a little whine and a moan. Having an extremely difficult time with that dreaded protein. It seems to be taboo with me so been to see my doctor and he is not pleased at all. Less than 20g a day. Totally crazy I can't eat even veg any more I've tried the shakes and pro plus but I just end up in pain or sick as a dog. Everything I eat is high in sugar and my doctor says it's because it's crying out for energy and this is why. I hate sugar and it's got more annoying I can't even eat veg. Time for the scrapers yard if they tell me to try agh ah well in for a p

Hi Cupid sorry you are having a bad time!
If you crave sugar but need protein I recommend the danio blueberry yoghurt! I find them great for the sugar fix and 11g of protein. Good luck with finding what works for you x

Sorry your having a hard time, see your not sleeping very well again.
It's not an easy road this wls journey, least I know why I need a load of sugar stuff, veg etc hard for me to.

Take care, have a good day. Huge hugs

Sorry to hear your having such a hard time Cupid. Have you thought about blitzing up a cauliflower cheese or something to get some nutrients in?? I used to pick cauliflower cheese as it had the nutrients from the veg i needed, some fats and quite a bit of protein from the cheese?? X

hmmm what to say hunni..... it was never going to be an easy journey and ppffft to anyone who thinks differently .... its hard and draining.....what to do for the best and trying to strike some kind of normality amongst the madness of normal everyday life too.... all you can do is try your best, seek out alternatives after all we have to think ahead to later life and what effects there may be.... no scrappers yard for you my beauty..... you are way too valuable :)

Seems we all have our battles to fight....come on Mrs :) routing for you .....know your always in my heart x x x x x mawwhhhhhh x x x x x hugs

So many of us on here are really struggling. Could you try an atkins bar or soup with cream cheese in or some of the pulses whizzed up line lentil or chickpea stew?

(((Huggs))))

Sorry to hear your having such a hard time Cupid. Have you thought about blitzing up a cauliflower cheese or something to get some nutrients in?? I used to pick cauliflower cheese as it had the nutrients from the veg i needed, some fats and quite a bit of protein from the cheese?? X
for me I would love to but my body says not a chance lol desperately need my b12 but not due until mid November. Ah well roll on Monday. Xxx

hmmm what to say hunni..... it was never going to be an easy journey and ppffft to anyone who thinks differently .... its hard and draining.....what to do for the best and trying to strike some kind of normality amongst the madness of normal everyday life too.... all you can do is try your best, seek out alternatives after all we have to think ahead to later life and what effects there may be.... no scrappers yard for you my beauty..... you are way too valuable :) Seems we all have our battles to fight....come on Mrs :) routing for you .....know your always in my heart x x x x x mawwhhhhhh x x x x x hugs
thanks Hun means a lot xxx xxx

Can't believe we are in October already and so much to do this month...waiting to be a great aunt again and she is already 4 days over. So exciting. My baby is 21 this month I will be a year out and my granddaughter is 8 amongst a million and one other things this month. Stay happy people it's an important need in life. Will pop in again soon to catch up and thanks everyone xxxxx

Time has flown........it sure doesn't seem possible a year out!!! busy busy sweetness lots of exciting things happening your end.....keep happy and smiling x x x x enjoy some wonderful family times :)

Hope you and hubs all ok health wise :) x x x x

Ok so my appointment yesterday went very well until I encounter a stand in dietitian who was covering maternity leave. I really was fuming after seeing her. Told me that my inability to eat protein is all in my head and she is writing to my doctor suggesting referral to a psychiatrist. Spoke with my doctor as he received the email from her this morning so he wants me to go in to discuss things next week. Today I'm still angry because it's people like this that cause problems that were never there before. Learning their trade from a book makes them an expert? Never in this world. ???

My main protein source is danio yoghurt and porridge. I can eat soft food..I can manage beans and jacket potato too but anything dense..big no!
I can eat one boiled egg with nothing else and it's like been kicked in the stomach.. I can eat 3 chicken nuggets by themselves..kicked in the stomach..half a sausage... Well you get the idea!
It's not in my head it's in my stomach ! My advice is eat what suits you..other people will suggest things that to me would make me want to throw up..cheese, cream, nuts etc etc but to other people they are great! Eat what your body accepts and if that's just a cup of bovril then so be it!! Don't panic..I spend all my day eating and drinking to get my food and drink in, I manage about 40-50g of protein a day and 1200 cals along with 1.5l of fluid maximum.
Just do what's right for you...we are all different and my experience is my own.
I get frustrated most days as I cannot eat diddle squat! I still post photos on my diary.. Just do your best or you will get worked up over it xx

I can completely see why you'd be annoyed at her she has no right. How can she say it's all in your head if that's the way it is! X

Just though I'd join in here, of course it's in your head what are you all talking about. These are experts and they know what there on about. WELL NOT IN MY WORLD there not. None of them know the real reality of having this surgery and ax the old saying goes " Until you walk in someone else's shoes, then shut the F*** up" because you know begged all. I'm fed up with asking questions to be told well we don't know why this is happening and treating me like a child. The younger ones are still wet behind the ears and the older ones still haven't caught up with the new ways so none of us can win. I'm like Cupid and a few others. I have not made a conscious decision to stop eating certain things my body has informed my brain and senses not to,eat certain things. I love spicy foods and could have quite easily lived on home made curries but I can't touch it now. I was never a biscuit ,sweet person. I could now spend all day just eating biscuits but it's a choice I've made not to because I know it won't help,with weight loss. So it must be in my mind that curries or in fact anything that's has any kind of spice in it causes me to rush to bottles of milk to calm my mouth and there is only a few safe as I call them foods I can eat. Don't let the ******* get into your head because we have enough going on in there to deal,with as it is.
Right thats my sort of supported rant over lol.

Back