• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

You know you are fat when....

angie790

Hey guys,

Just got back from a lovely weekend away in Cardiff, staying with a uni friend I haven't seen for a while. I stayed in her 'student' house where she lives....OH got overtime so although I hadn't planned to, I ended up taking teenage daughter (14yo) with me.
My friend made up a spare room in her house for us to stay, and the first evening there, when it was bedtime, all 5'6" & 7 st 7lbs of my daughter lightly leapt into the double bed we were sharing 'gazelle-like'...I perched my not so small ass on the side of the bed and CRASH....the whole sodding thing collapsed :eek:!!!!
There I was...knees around my ears (I can assure you, that is not a position I have been in for a while)...trapped in the wooden bedframe like a beached whale.....
It was not bloody funny....my daughter was laughing so hard she nearly wet herself and I had to heave myself out of the sodding bedframe...then explain to my friend what had happened as her bedroom was directly under ours, & she thought the ceiling was collapsing & came charging upstairs when she heard the huge noise!!!!!!
Well of course I could have died, and had a little snivel when I finally got home...this surgery cannot come soon enough.
I know I should look on the funny side and in a couple of days I will, but ffs...the bruises on my ass & backs of my knees alone are enough to make a man weep!!!
Counting down the weeks......

Last edited:
I'm feeling your pain, and not from the fall... Emotional pain is worse than physical sometimes.... xx

Oh hun, I would have been mortified too. You will look back on that moment though in the months and years ahead and use it as a very real reminder of how far you have come. xx

i once went on a ride at the fair - the safety bar wouldnt shut - no mater what the guy done - in the end i had to get off and wait for mates to come off the ride - a "normal" size lady got on after me and it shut first time! sooooooo embarrassed i could have cried! i lost 5 stne after that - and a year down the line - im 4 stone back on! again hopeful for this surgery!

Hi Angie, oh dear, I have had similar experiences, but won't go into them on here lol. I am looking forward to you reaching your 50 posts as then we can private message each other, and find out a bit more about our journeys. Are you on facebook by any chance? I am so pleased there are a few of us from Cornwall on here now, I don't feel quite so isolated xxxxxxxx

Hope you feeling ok... i hate being in crowded places and having to squeeze through cause i cant squeeze even breathing in dont work

He Jan my lovely, yes I'm on FB, but to be honest, I rarely go on there as I don't have the time & only a handful of people know I am going for surgery...except for here....I'm making the time for this forum because it is so important! I'll look forward to when we can private message! I know what you mean about the isolation though...I do talk to the OH but he's never really had a weight problem (he did put on weight once, but it turned out he had a dangerously low underactive thyroid....once he started the tables, he lost nearly 3 stone in 2 wks the b*****d!!!).
He is supportive: 'I love you no matter what size you are' he tells me....I tell him 'thanks babe, but when you hate yourself & can't bear to look at the person you don't even recognise in the mirror, it doesn't help...!!!!
Lisa, I know exactly what you mean...we were walking around Cardiff Bay this morning before I drove home, & I had to literally stop myself from running screaming back to the car...there were soooo many people there, it was so busy I found it literally overwhelming, and I was thinking to myself: Angie, you get any fatter & you are going to stop leaving the house soon!!!!!
Hey ho...I'm sure I will feel better tomorrow after a good night's sleep in my own (non-collapsable) bed!!!!! My poor ass is so sore!

i totally sympathise with you hun, i broke the bed in spain in feb this yr. why cant all beds be divan lol
it was so humilating i was mortified and cried all day about it. x

My thing was loo seats breaking many of mine and other peoples hhhmmm lol emabarassing to say the least x

lol, that made me smile! At least you & your OH get to sleep together...apparently I snore like a walrus who is being suffocated so my poor OH has to sleep in the other room or he would never get any sleep!

Glad I made you laugh.

I have to admit we laid there for about 30 minutes laughing so much. We couldn't move as the bed had sunk in the middle and all the slats had fallen off the central bar. Was a huge effort to get off!

Other half then had to go scrambling around in the garden looking for bricks, was about 1am by then. I must add that he got dressed!

By then the dogs were disturbed and barking, I was still laughing, had a stitch and then choked.

If we were both skinny pins then we wouldn't have that hilarious memory to look back upon would we.

Always a bright side to life. :D

Fingers cross your surgery and weight loss improve your snoring so your other half joins you again. :eek:

Hey this thread has made me think.........last yr i went away with 3 male friends (all gay!!) anyway i shared a bed with one of them it was a sofa bed well i heard a strange noise in the night didn't think much of it until the next morning....all the wooden slates under the bed on my side had broke :eek: i was so embarrassed but bless them they where so nice about it.....don't know what they said behing my back though!!
But i find the worse thing ever is sitting outside a cafe here or abroad cos they all have those so**ing chairs that if i'm lucky enough to squeeze into all my fat goes pouring out the sides horrid things they are :(

Thanks to all who have all replied (can't quite work out how to 'properly' thank you all yet...).
I know I am by no means the only one these things happen to, but it is nice you have also shared these embarrassing events to try to make me feel better...but it sure don't yet, lol! xxx

Angie, one thing you can be assured of on this forum is that no will would ever make fun of anything you have been through cos we have all been there in one way or another.
I work in pre-school and one of the little chairs gave way under me in front of all the kids and staff. i laughed it off but was mortified.
These things will be just memories for us soon x

This thread has brought back memories for me and just like one of the other replies I too couldn't fit into a ride at Alton Towers and was SO humiliated that I haven't returned since. :eek: Plastic chairs were a no go and any slightly loose loo seats were also a cause for concern. :eek:

I :heartpump: my bypass.

Cuppa xx

You know you're fat when.......

you go out for a friend's birthday meal but can't take your seat because you don't fit in the booth and people have to move so you can sit at another table, with no-one you know.

Last edited:
wont fly anymore because seat belts dont fit or cant get lap trays down and no matter how discrete you try to be to get an extention for your seat belt everyone soon knows cause the stewardess has shouted down the whole plane for one and everyone watches to see who she gives it too

Back