• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

is it true????

k4rid4

iv just read that after the op, u can never ever drink any fizzy pop coz it can expand ur stomache?? is this true?????:confused:

Oh YES :eek:

Have recently tried some cans of diet Irn Bru, canned drinks have a lt less fizz, then stir with a spoon for five mins, then. Leave 5 mins, then stir again.

To say that I wait to I'm desparate when I have a can is an understatement to go through this ritual.

Never try it from a bottle, even with the above madness as it's ridiculously fizzy.

Special craving occasions only now!

omg i think this will be the hardest ever thing for me... NO FIZZY POP POP, WHATS A GIRL TO DO... ARGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

Life after fizzy pop is such a better life :eek:

You get used to it, and don't worry if you think that you'll be giving into temptation then the indescibable agony of drinking one, will remind you in no time at all :eek:

I've found a new found love of Orange & Pineapple NAS, plus the occasional Options Hot Chocolate, plus good old milk!

I drink pepsi max, but shake the bottle, let out the fizz, and shake it again, let out the fizz, so it is flat, but its the taste that I miss more so than it being fizzy, so this is just fine :) and I have a glass or so every so often as Im drinking a good 2+ litres of NAS and water each day, I dont actually want much, but its a nice way of having the flavour that I miss.

Some people can cope with drinking it and do so, but some providers say none.

I was adicted to diet pepsi or coke zero, I drank it and nothing else for the past 10 years, but giving it was surprisingly easy. I haven't craved it once! I now drink nas squash and decaff coffee or tea.....which also help me feel full....so bonus! :)

Gues its guna be worth it in the end! Dnt tink I cud drink flat pop as therz no POP lol. What the hek is NAS?

No Added Sugar drink. I do feel your pain, I'm pre op and a diet coke addict for about the last 30 years. I like my fizzy drinks fizzy, so will have to give up completely.

Ah no added sugar! Haha im such a dumb arze. Lol ye popz wher I get my swt rush on a diet. N iv been doin them long enuf. Grr wel havnt we all. Sure its best to avoid bad things totaly eh. Keep temptation at bay

Sent from my sony x10 using WLSurgery

I used to have an addiction to full fat coke. Then changed to diet and drank loads! It's still soooo bad for you even without the sugar.

Since I had my band I've felt so much better without it. I have no added sugar squash or water. And a small glass of apple or orange juice a day to add to my 5 a day. I haven't craved it once and I daren't try it as it would be agony and I worked way too hard to have the band to jeopardise it slipping.

You will be fine hunny one day at a time xxx

I've not quite worked out what to drink in a pub yet.

Latte is what I go for normally in Wetherspoons, but been a bit off them in recent weeks, taste buds are all over the place!

I recently tried J20 recently for the first (and last) time - sugar high for days afterwards!

Suggestions?

hmmmm water? lol
not much else really, maybe blackcurrant juice then again im guessin the pubs not big on sugar free juice

Have always hated tomato juice :9529:, even without the vodka and worcestershire sauce.

I've resorted to a bit of retail therapy or a Costa when my ther half is in the pub recently. Not the most social, but needs must at the moment!

lol yep yep yep another loss to mourn over but at least you can celebrate at your weight loss. I have given up the fizz already in anticipation had one or two lapses but not many so. may be best to try now rather than later. I have found that sainsb nad summer fruits is refreshing. Good luck with your replacement findings. xx

Haha u shud be over dosing on pop b4 the op!

Sent from my sony x10 using WLSurgery

no no no bad addict only ever drink the sugar free but its the fizz the FIZZZZZZZ arrrrgggghhh lol

Back