• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

is it true????

I know the feeling, I love my diet coke it's the fizz at the back of the throat, I'm 3 days fizz free and deeply feel a total loss! I haven't a clue what to drink in the pub either, usually it was vodka and coke argh!!! :)

Just a thought....would a soda stream juice work without gassing the drink?! Prob taste gross tho?

Have to say if you want it badly enough you'll quit it.....afterall we know how we got fat and unless we change our old habits we will only end back up that way! Detox that body once n for all, you can do it!!! X

So for me it's the taste I like- does that mean post op I can still have coke zero if I leave it to go completely flat??

I think ur rite jo! DETOX NEEDED! Must start to change our thinkin patterns. Plus iv heard of dumping and im guessing pop wud giv u a dump lol

Sent from my sony x10 using WLSurgery

Oh ye. Cnt wait to go shopin for sumtng I like rather than sumtng that covers the lumpz and bumps.

Sent from my sony x10 using WLSurgery

i used to hate it when my fizzy drinks would go flat. Now i could happily give my leg for a flat coke zero! lol

I have heard of pos oppers who have not given up carbonated drinks. But I think they're taking an unecessary risk; two or three years down the line they might find their pouches have stretched, they regain weight, and they only have themselves to blame.

I for one, am not willing to take that chance. I've paid out good money for my sleeve and I don't want it to fail.

We always go on about how this isn't the easy way out as some people accuse us of having taken. Well if we aren't prepared to make even a sacrifice such as giving up fizzy pop, then maybe we should hold our hands up and say we aren't prepared to work at this at all and want everything easy. I've had to give up a very serious Slimline Bitter Lemon habit. I can no longer eat cucumbers in any form, pickled or fresh. I miss my pickled cukes. I can't eat steak, or chops (maybe a tiny bit of the latter, but none of the former).

I couldn't be happier that I've made these sacrifices. I've reached my goal weight in ten months. 9st 7!! Someone called me a stick insect yesterday and meant it as a compliment!

It will all be worth it.

It's the fizz. Fizz means bubbles which can stretch the pouch. The drink itself however, retains fizz far longer than we give it credit for. Our bariatric nurse told us of a test she did on a bottle of pop that she left open for 3 whole days, after which she closed it, shook it, and opened it again, then put a balloon on top. The balloon was forced up by the fizz still inside the "flat" pop.

Well when I went for my pre-op consultation I asked could I still have the odd glass of sparkling wine and I was told that would be fine by my surgeon. I am not a big / frequent drinker, but slowly sipping a single glass of bubbles every 2-3 months has kept me going without any problems. I suggest following your providers rules :D

Is it possible to have a few cola bottle sweets to get that cola taste? By a few I mean just that, 3 or 4.

You can whilst I shouldn't encourage you to eat sweets post op get sugar free cola bottles from places like candyland both in store & online or a little shop in Somerset I know called Penny's sweets ( no personal link) again available in line. To many because of the sugar substitute gives you the squits but are great for the head craving without to much naughtiness assuming you are in the right mindset to have some self control because to much of even a little can derail our efforts.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I am having the odd caffeine-free Diet Coke which has been left to go flat then diluted with loads of ice. I don't drink alcohol, I don't like squashes, flavoured waters, shakes or juices so I was really stuck what to drink apart from milk and water! I have also been sick a lot and I do find a flat diet coke settles my aching tum! No ill-effects at all from it I'm happy to say.

I'm nearly 7 weeks post op and have avoided all things fizzy i literally drink tea , j20 or this water bottles (orange & lemon or lemon) and robinsons NAS juice to , I've been to the pub a few times and always had j20 but I could of had a tea if I wanted one. my provider states flat pop , my sister had it done in march and she drinks pop now and again but that's her personal choice I've choose to avoid it. I have had one or two glasses of wine but I've chose the flat kind not fizzy and so far so good.

Sent from my iPhone

k4rid4 said:
iv just read that after the op, u can never ever drink any fizzy pop coz it can expand ur stomache?? is this true?????:confused:

Its believed that carbonated drinks can cause band slippage. However I was banded earlier this week by the hospital group and they told me that due to recent research it is possible to introduce fizzy drinks after 6 months. I think I could live without them but worth looking into more if you can't x

In a Pub I used to drink Pints & occasionally G&T - now, it is cranberry juice 50:50 with tap water; comments are drying up .... and I have a thick skin!

Back