• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help is it too tight?

Pinkfluffyemma

Hi all

15 months in I am still searching for the magic sweet spot...I had a 1 ml fill yesterday but I' m worried its too tight but want to give it a chance before I call THG only problem is the nurse is only there mon and tues so I need to decide.

Liquid as in water is going through but not without bubbling first and taking a few seconds...what do you all think?

Any advice much appreciated

Xxx

May be too tight, but I have never had that much restriction so I don't know what it feels like. Someone will be along soon, I am sure. But if it were me, I would pick up the phone to THG x

May be too tight, but I have never had that much restriction so I don't know what it feels like. Someone will be along soon, I am sure. But if it were me, I would pick up the phone to THG x

Thank you!! Just got to work and gonna hava cup of tea and see how a manage..then I'll give them a call at 0900...scary stuff reallyxxx

Maybe a warm drink will help. Keep us updated :)

you may be tight but a mil is a large fill and you could be swollen from it and it may settle try eating a yogurt if that doesnt go down easily then id say your def too tight , for me my sweet spot was very tight and people vary in the degree of restriction they like. if your providers are only there today then might be worth having 1/4mil out

you may be tight but a mil is a large fill and you could be swollen from it and it may settle try eating a yogurt if that doesnt go down easily then id say your def too tight , for me my sweet spot was very tight and people vary in the degree of restriction they like. if your providers are only there today then might be worth having 1/4mil out

Thanks hun..Just called them and she's not there today this week but is tomorrow. Good job I'm not totally restricted..what would they expect me to do just have no fluids for 24hours!! Anyway they have put me in 1040 tomorrow morning.I just tried a yoghurt and it did go down but every mouthful sounded like a blocked sink!! what do you think?? is this too tight?? I'm really confused as don't want to have it taken out and go back to the larger portions :(Band life if hard at times!!!xxx

It does sound as if it is a little too tight, when you're getting close to restriction then 1ml is a lot to have in one go. When I was at 7.5mls I had no restriction at all, they gave me a 1.5ml to 9 mls and I went to having so much restriction I went from being able to eat anything and everything, to not being able to eat anything. I did battle on for over 6 weeks trying liquids only, finding foods that would go down. If you find its gurgling, take smaller amounts, when you have a tighter level of restriction you need to reduce the amount you drink in a gulp or eat, so the food mouthfuls will need to become smaller too.

It can take a while for things to ease after the fill. When I battled with my over restriction it was all rather bizarre as I went literally from one day not being able to eat hardly anything - only things such as muesli and toast (no meat, fish, chicken etc) to waking up one morning, feeling totally hungry and then finding I could eat anything. I went and had it checked because I actually thought perhaps it had come undone.

I had it completely emptied to check it wasn't leaking etc, (very strange feeling as you feel the stomach going back to its normal unbanded state!) and then had it all put back in and an additional 0.5mls. That took me to 9.5ml. But I don't have a particularly good level of restriction again yet when I went up to 9mls, it was too much and I think it was probably too much in one go, rather than it being too much overall. I tend to go a few months between my fills.

You should be able to drink and it should pass through, you may find you need thinner liquids at this point rather than thicker ones and tiny sips to see how it goes :) but, its good you're going back to see them and to get it checked out - after all, that is your after care package!

Thank you top Kat..That's a really helpful reply..I was at 7.5 ml before yesterdays fill and was eating what i believe to be normal person portions!! I'll see how I go today and then decide tomorrow..I would like to see if I can manage to get a bit of a boost but i am producing all sorts of gurgling sounds even with a warm cup of tea!! But thank you I really appreciate your reply..I know I don't say much on here but I do take in what so many of you say!!xxx

Its also worth trying different temperatures of liquids, after the last fill, warm ones went down ok, really cold ones didn't, and it can also make a difference. My band restricts with certain foods I can and cannot eat, but not yet in relation to quantities or taking away hunger . . .I struggle to believe people when they say they eat half a chicken breast and are full! I could eat a whole chicken LOL

Restriction is a very fickle thing I'm afraid.

I experienced the gurgles after a fill but I had to stick to liquids for two days. Different temps react in odd ways too ie you might be fine with warm and not with cold. Its a bit trial and error.

You wont really be able to tell until you start eating again but I completely understand you being concerned - being too tight (never been there myself) must be awful.

Thanks Mazza..I really want to give it a chance..i am doing 2 days liquid but if I don't go tomorrow and it doesn't get any better the nurse is not back till Monday..ooooh decisions!! xx

Hi Ladies
Just an update..went to nurse today and she took 0.3 out. No gurgling but hopefully will still have some restriction when it settles!!

Fingers crossed xxx

glad you went, being over restricted is not good. You may find tha you won pt even notice restriction til you are back eating properly, I never do after a fill and then being on liquid and mash (which also slows my weight loss :( )

Hi All - Had a band fill myself yesterday. I now have 9.8ml in a 14ml band. Im unsure too if i'm too much restricted, but just trying a cup of tea to see if the heat of the liquid helps. Trial and error hey.I've not lost weight for about 8 weeks. But stayed the same which is also good i know.

Betty why do you ask the question about whether you are over restricted? What's up? X

Hi All - Had a band fill myself yesterday. I now have 9.8ml in a 14ml band. Im unsure too if i'm too much restricted, but just trying a cup of tea to see if the heat of the liquid helps. Trial and error hey.I've not lost weight for about 8 weeks. But stayed the same which is also good i know.

I was the same lost no weight in 4-5 months suffered with acid reflex all the time ... During the week had 1ml taken out now have 4ml in a 10 ml band ... Straight way the acid reflex stopped ... And feel so much better now
But just don't have any restriction at all but don't care at the moment as the last few months of being sick with the reflex and then not even bring able to hold a drink down was the last straw so back to baby steps for me ....
And I do believe you may have to much in xx
Hope you get sorted real soon and aren't like me thinking its all part of being banded ...
The band should be our friend xxx

I was the same lost no weight in 4-5 months suffered with acid reflex all the time ... During the week had 1ml taken out now have 4ml in a 10 ml band ... Straight way the acid reflex stopped ... And feel so much better now
But just don't have any restriction at all but don't care at the moment as the last few months of being sick with the reflex and then not even bring able to hold a drink down was the last straw so back to baby steps for me ....
And I do believe you may have to much in xx
Hope you get sorted real soon and aren't like me thinking its all part of being banded ...
The band should be our friend xxx

sue you should a few weeks after a defill be able to start refilling, iv had the problem u had and its a cycle the worse the you feel with the reflux the tighter the band feels the tighter the band the worse the reflux , but once youv had a good few weeks to recover they should start to refill again just don't have too much each time

sue you should a few weeks after a defill be able to start refilling, iv had the problem u had and its a cycle the worse the you feel with the reflux the tighter the band feels the tighter the band the worse the reflux , but once youv had a good few weeks to recover they should start to refill again just don't have too much each time

Hi moomoo ;)
Yea I'm going real slow starting to feel a lot better today ...
Because I have no restriction had a bit of a stick today ... But not half as bad as the acid reflux was ...
So I'm going to back on fluids for tomorrow
So fingers crossed I start seeing some lbs shifting real soon ..
How are you getting on now x

hi sue im in a different position now because my band has slipped so im converting to bypass but I had great loss with my band and a pregnancy so cant complain

Back